Reload this Page >

Seeking Advice on Pre Action protocol letter to Home Office

Seeking Advice on Pre Action protocol letter to Home Office

Old Jan 5th 2023, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking Advice on Pre Action protocol letter to Home Office

Hi All,
I would like to know whether I can write a pre action protocol letter to UKVI for them to reconsider their refusal decision for a visitor visa.
I have checked the standard form used for this and it seems to me that I have to be a legal person to be able to write this letter because there is a section that says for example “From

Authorised Legal Representative / Claimant in Person (delete as appropriate)”

As the claimant (my sister) isn’t in the UK, are you able to advise if I can write it on her behalf even though am not a legal practitioner or is it better if she fills this form and send it if herself?
I have also emailed my local MP to ask whether she can write to the home office and ask them to reconsider their decision but I haven’t heard anything from her office yet.
any help/advice will be highly appreciated.
@ BritInParis BIP, will appreciate your thoughts if any.
kind Regards,
Pa Manjang.
Old Jan 5th 2023, 1:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking Advice on Pre Action protocol letter to Home Office

Visitor visa refusals cannot generally be appealed. What was the reason for the refusal?
Old Jan 5th 2023, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
the letter would be with a view towards judicial review if possible, not sure it’s quite the same as an appeal.
the only reason for refusal is that there were few large deposits in my sister’s bank account which were more than her stated income on the application form and that the source of these large deposits were unclear. But these were remittances I sent to her from here (UK) and she has submitted those remittance documentation together with my wage statements and a letter explaining her income and purpose of the excess funds she was handling .

Last edited by PaManjang; Jan 5th 2023 at 2:42 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2023, 2:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think you’ll get very far with that unless there’s a human rights claim involved. Your sister’s refusal letter will explain her right to appeal if available but I suspect it would be far quicker and cheaper to reapply with a cover letter addressing the reasons the initial application was refused.
Old Jan 5th 2023, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Points noted and thanks for your help once again.