Seattle to Essex

Old Nov 8th 2017, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

RandomBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seattle to Essex

Hello,

I’ve been following this forum for a while now. A little background on myself, I moved to Seattle with my mother at 13, I’m now 31 and for the last year have been wanting of moving back to Essex. I’m a British citizen and hold a U.S. green card.

I’ve been visiting for the last 3 weeks and it has reignited my love for England, it is great being closer to friends and family again.

A few things I wanted help with, I don’t have many belongings to bring back over, I do plan on selling my furniture when I get to back to a Seattle. I have two heavy boxes full of books and CDs/Vinyls that I would like to bring back. I have seen recommendations for moving companies on here but can anyone recommend another way around this?

I am hoping to return before the end of the year.

Thanks BE for everything, this forum has already been a huge help for me.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seattle to Essex

You should get your US citizenship before moving to the UK, since, if it does not work out in the UK and you have been out of the US for more than a year, your Green Card status will lapse.

Then it would mean going through the courts to maybe, reinstate your status.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

RandomBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Seattle to Essex

Thank you, i am looking into doing that.

Can someone provide a reliable moving comoany. I’ve had multiple emails from various ones but the quotes they give range all over the place. I don’t have my UCB, probably 6 boxes worth of clothes and books - no furniture.

Thanks