Scared to admit it!!!

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared to admit it!!!

Originally Posted by guest5234
My original post did not really put across what I was trying to say...
After the going away drink at you place of enployment and your party with friends and family a lot of people find it difficult to go home within 12 months as they will be seen as "not giving it a chance" by friends and family and will themselves feel a little guilty that they have these thoughts after only a few months, of course they have not failed...they have give it a go and if they had not tried it would always be thinking "if only" but it is family and friends who just dont understand what "working" in another country is like.
..........Oh, I agree with you NOW
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:41 am
Just Joined

KevC has a spectacular aura aboutKevC has a spectacular aura aboutKevC has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Scared to admit it!!!

I'm reading a lot of posts in this section cos I'm seriously considering emigrating within the next year or so (to australia) so it's good to see both sides of the coin - the elation of people getting their visas in the Aus immigration section, and the despair and heartache of people in here.

What I wanted to add was this:

Having jacked in a very settled job at the age of 27 and broken up from my then fiancee, I decided to have a year in Australia on a WHV and loved it.
At the time all my friends (but not my family) thought it was madness to walk away from everything - the job, the car, house, fiancee etc - but I knew it wasn't right and in the end it's all worked out for the best. There was a quote I read at the time that kept me sane while I wondered if what I was doing was right:

"It's better to regret the things you did, than the things you didn't"

I don't think anyone who's had the balls to sell up, move to the other side of the world and TRY to live their dream would be a failure. If anyone back home sneers at you for coming back, all you have to think is "well at least I did it" - no-one can ever take that away from you. You thought the grass was greener and it wasn't. But at least you got off the fence for a better look.