it saddens me .....

Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:46 pm
mickj

Default Re: It saddens me....

Pants,

It's funny that you should be taking this morale high ground, can you honestly put your hands up, and say you haven't done what you are now complaining about to others on this site?

I know you've said a few things to me in the past, but ignoring you, is the best tactic I can think of. Those that slag off countries, and have problem with immigrants, know themselves, and it's funny that these same people are on here, for the same reasons they are complaining about, moving somewhere else.

Originally posted by Pants
You know I have to say this forum is getting more and more political each day and sadly more and more abusive towards one another...discussion is one thing !!

And I will say it even though I am bound to be called names etc..there are far too may people who use this forum just as an opportunity to slag off one anothers countries. I feel that the proper use of this "MOVING BACK TO UK" has got lost..

Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:59 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

yep very true Calle....you know I think most of us either moving to Uk or to Oz or wherever should realise what gutsy people we are and not critize one another's choice of country ! I know many people who would never consider moving away from family etc !!

I hope you will be happy in OZ and I am sure I will be happier back home amongst loved ones.

Whisky..I met up with Janeyray on her way through Sydney. We had a good chat and lots of laughs. Lovely family.!

I reckon I have A.A.A.D.D...or is it just the fact that having kids kills the brain cells !!! :lecture:

Thanks, Pants I hope your happiness continues.
calle
Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:08 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
Pants,

It's funny that you should be taking this morale high ground, can you honestly put your hands up, and say you haven't done what you are now complaining about to others on this site?

I know you've said a few things to me in the past, but ignoring you, is the best tactic I can think of. Those that slag off countries, and have problem with immigrants, know themselves, and it's funny that these same people are on here, for the same reasons they are complaining about, moving somewhere else.

MickJ

What high morale ground?? what by saying that this forum has become too much of a slagging off forum??

Did you read what the desription is under the " moving back to uk" header......If people come in here and air their views about reasons for going back to the Uk they should at least be allowed to do that without coming under attack each time by someone who has no experience of what that person is saying !

If you want pinpoint me out for saying that I believe this forum gets out of hand by all means do so and that I am no angel go ahead. If you want to say that I have said things to you in the past then fine perhpas I did but they may have been said in defence. I did ask you about your circumstances etc..where you lived and what family you have in the UK etc out of interest. I do know who I am thanks !

There are some posters who just want to get on any forum and shit stir and they just love to come onto this one.!!!I feel from my own point of view that this forum loses out on what it is supposed to be used for..

'Moving back to the UK after a long spell abroad can be very daunting. A forum to share your experiences or ask a question. This is also the place for foreign nationals to find out about UK visa requirements."

Each to their own and if you have a problem with me then thats your problem not mine !!

Some people just read whatever they want into most things !!

Last edited by Pants; Jun 10th 2004 at 10:28 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:09 pm
mickj

Pants,

I haven't got a problem with you, far from it. I was just suprised to see you come out with something like that, because like I said, you have taken the wotsit out of me in the past, be it in the lounge, or in the oz forum.

You are right of course, some folks have turned this forum into a haunting ground for abuse, and just love coming on, and having a dig at people. As you may know, I have been on the receiving end of quite a lot of it, and have been strung up like a david beckham effigy from the argentina game

What high morale ground?? what by saying that this forum has become too much of a slagging off forum??

Did you read what the desription is under the " moving back to uk" header......If people come in here and air their views about reasons for going back to the Uk they should at least be allowed to do that without coming under attack each time by someone who has no experience of what that person is saying !

If you want pinpoint me out for saying that I believe this forum gets out of hand by all means do so and that I am no angel go ahead. If you want to say that I have said things to you in the past then fine perhpas I did but they may have been said in defence. I did ask you about your circumstances etc..where you lived and what family you have in the UK etc out of interest. I do know who I am thanks !

There are some posters who just want to get on any forum and shit stir and they just love to come onto this one.!!!I feel from my own point of view that this forum loses out on what it is supposed to be used for..

'Moving back to the UK after a long spell abroad can be very daunting. A forum to share your experiences or ask a question. This is also the place for foreign nationals to find out about UK visa requirements."

Each to their own and if you have a problem with me then thats your problem not mine !!

Some people just read whatever they want into most things !!

Old Jun 11th 2004, 1:48 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

MickJ

If I ever offended you I am sorry. I really don't recall having a pop at you in either forum I have only ever posted twice in the Lounge..one to say congrats to someone on their baby and the other to do the "GEEK" test. I think I did have a pop at you in this forum..like I said I am no Angel but I do dislike the fact that it seems to have gotten worse.

I know you have had stick from people...who hasn't you want to see the abuse I get from certain posters.!!

Last edited by Pants; Jun 11th 2004 at 2:03 am.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pants
I agree with what you were saying in the original post it gets tiresome on here, and the oz forum. I browse on here as I'm interested in how returners are doing, I dont generally post as I'm not returning (at the moment). but this tendency to attack people because they arent doing the same as you mystifies me????? Its both ways, you lot get a lot of unecesary stick over here, but equally those of us that like it here are often accused of being stupid/uncultured/boring etc.

Anyway, for the record, I wish you all well, it must be a tough decision in many ways, and who knows which of us may join you in the future.

Michaela
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:24 pm
Live the moment

Originally posted by mcmercer
Pants
I agree with what you were saying in the original post it gets tiresome on here, and the oz forum. I browse on here as I'm interested in how returners are doing, I dont generally post as I'm not returning (at the moment). but this tendency to attack people because they arent doing the same as you mystifies me????? Its both ways, you lot get a lot of unecesary stick over here, but equally those of us that like it here are often accused of being stupid/uncultured/boring etc.

Anyway, for the record, I wish you all well, it must be a tough decision in many ways, and who knows which of us may join you in the future.

Michaela

Michaela I don't thnk anyone wanting to set up a new life in OZ or anywhere is stupid/uncultured/boring..far from it. Never have done and never will....I may as well call myself that otherwise eh!!

Yes there are a few who will think that god knows why....

I wish you all the best too.It's not easy for anyone !!

P
Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Pants,
I wasnt refering to you personally I dont recall you making any such comments at all. Just wanted to agree that all this nonsense is just that, we're not a generic group by any means. Before I came here I was grateful for the realistic posts (Dotty in particular) and felt no need to defend my decisions, I think its very sad that people pass judgement and insult others because their choices are different!
Having said that I was very happy in the uk and could easily live there again, perhaps thats why (in fact I'm going there on holiday in 10 days and am ridiculously excited!!!)
Anyway, I continue to enjoy everyones stories and hope everyone finds what they're looking for, wherever that is,
Michaela
Old Jun 12th 2004, 6:29 am
Live the moment

Originally posted by mcmercer
Pants,
I wasnt refering to you personally I dont recall you making any such comments at all. Just wanted to agree that all this nonsense is just that, we're not a generic group by any means. Before I came here I was grateful for the realistic posts (Dotty in particular) and felt no need to defend my decisions, I think its very sad that people pass judgement and insult others because their choices are different!
Having said that I was very happy in the uk and could easily live there again, perhaps thats why (in fact I'm going there on holiday in 10 days and am ridiculously excited!!!)
Anyway, I continue to enjoy everyones stories and hope everyone finds what they're looking for, wherever that is,
Michaela

I know Michaela I didn't take it personally..I was just saying that I don't think people are stupid etc who do make the move.

Wishing you a very happy holiday back in the UK..where abouts are you going??

P
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Birmingham!!! (not many people get excited about going to Brum but its not as bad as its press...honest!!!)
I'll be interested to see how I feel when I'm there, only been in Oz since feb, having a great time but the jurys still out for me on whether we'll stay here.
Hope your return goes to plan....I bet you'll appreciate all those people so much more....thats a positive thing to come out of being here,
take care,
Michaela
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:19 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by whisky
Pants, pleased to hear that you had met up with Janeyray.
She came to my restaurant in the Summer.
I do hope all turns out well for her, she has seemed so unhappy here of recent times after being so positive when she first arrived. It must be very difficult when you are so unhappy and waiting for the time to move back to where you want to be.
If you are in touch with her before any posts, please give her my regards. Infact, that goes for all of you.

Whisky
Hi Whisky!!! All is well!!! I've posted about being back. Trying to do so much with not enough time in the day at the moment. It's great to have the daylight till about 10pm, it's lovely!!!

Haven't visited the horses yet (my sisters) we are trying to get a car sorted first. Don't think hubby would appreciate it, although he's taking time out to watch the football!!! I daren't phone the woman who has Cuthbert! I will hopefully try and phone this week and get over to see him next weekend?!! I wonder what she'll think!?

Hope you and your family are ok? You are right I did post so positively about Perth when I arrived but as time went on, as you know it didn't feel right and I couldn't make it home. This feels like home already, once again. Even though buying a house may prove difficult we have family support and their help at hand, unlike OZ, where we had to do everything alone.

Speak to you soon. xxx
Old Jun 15th 2004, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by whisky
I know I shouldn't be in here as I am not returning to the other side, but I do like to take a look to see how those that have returned are getting on, especially the oldies of the other side.
To be honest, I also keep waiting for a post from Janeyray as i am not sure when she arrives back in the UK.

I saw this post yesterday from one of the other sites on here, and it made me laugh. It was posted by a Ray6.

Here goes

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests itself.

I decide to wash my car.

As I start toward the garage, I notive that their is mail on th hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trashcan under the table, and notice the trashcan is full. So I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is oly one cheque left, my extra chequea are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find a can of coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the coke is getting warm, and decide that I should put it in the refridgerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the coke, the vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye - they need to be watered.

I set the coke down on the counter, and i discover my reading glasses that I have been searching for all morning.

I decide i had better put them back on my desk, but first I am going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that its on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then i head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: The car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one chwque in the cheque book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and i don't remember what I did with the car keys.
Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long - and I am really tired.

I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first i'll check my e-mail.

Do me a favour will you? Forward this message to everyone you know, because i don't remember to whom it has been sent.

Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY

GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.

Whisky

That is deffinately me !!!!

I like to call it "pottering", lol,

I`m not moving back to the UK, I haven`t gone anywhere yet, but I like to read through peoples thoughts on life away from the UK.
We`re thinking of emigrating to Canada and want to find out the not so good sides to emigration before we leap across the pond. I too don`t like all the negativity and rudness that goes on on here, I can`t see the point. If people haven`t got a valid point to make then don`t make one.

Jo