Sad news.

Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:36 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Sad news.

I've only just noticed this thread. So sorry to hear your sad news.

Please take comfort from knowing that you were there for your dad as the sun was setting on his life. He knew you were at his side and he must have loved that.

Sending you a big (((hug)))
Old Sep 28th 2011, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad news.

I am so sorry Lorac about your Dad. Thank goodness your Mum has you there. I have posted on here before about how I wished I had gone home while my parents were still alive instead of having to fly back for two funerals one year apart. We can't turn back the clock but you are so fortunate that you had the better part of a year with your Dad. I am sure it meant the world to him.
Give yourself time to grieve... the house will still be there.
Our thoughts are with you.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:14 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences Lora. So sorry to hear this news.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of

so sorry to hear of your sad news. You took the step and returned home to be closer to him and your mum has your support.

My dad passed away last feb. I had an overwhelming feeling that I had to go back about 5 yrs ago just after my dad had his first heart op-very bad valve infection. He underwent 3 open heart surgeries in 3 months. I went back during op #3 and stayed with him for about 4weeks whilst he recovered and then returned back to the US. Then last sept 2010 the same infection ravaged his heart and then his brain, I flew over straight away, he had his 4th heart surgery and he got through. Our family had just moved from AZ to NJ to be closer to the UK, distance and financially, plus I was so homesick I thought being on the east coast would help-it did'nt. Then last feb he passed away...his heart could not take it any more.
I also have many regrets of not being there...Should have just moved 5 yrs ago. I think of him everyday and all the things we were planning to do with him, to visit more often. So now I just want to spend the precious time with the rest of my family back home and for my mum to have all her children and grandchildren near her.

You made the right decision...by packing up your overseas life and heading back to spend that precious time with your dad. Being physically there for your mum is the best thing. Many of us here have not had that chance, but times like this really open our eyes to what is the right thing to do. Be strong...
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you for the kind words. We had the funeral yesterday and we were amazed to see so many people come - it was standing room only in the chapel. Dad had touched so many lives in more ways than we knew - and it was gratifying to see. So many people told us what a gentleman he was as well as a gentle man - kind and thoughful - some one who could be relied on and trusted to do the right thing. It is still raw and I still can't believe he is gone but knowing he was so well loved and respected has made it a little easier to bear.