Returning resident

Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

tracysmiths is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning resident

Hi, I am a brazillian citizen. I was married to Britishman and i was living in the uk from 2004 up until 2010. Then my husband and i decided to move to Brazil. My husband passed away 3months back and since i dont feel like living here so want to move back to uk. at the time i had resident permit but i found and its no longer valid as i have not retuned to the uk for more than 2 years. Can any one please help tell me how i can get back.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning resident

What ties to the UK have you retained - do you still own a house, have a bank account, visit regularly, etc.?
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

I am not sure if the bank account is still active. No house and haven't visited since we left uk in 2010. I am entitled to part of my husband's pention as he was a teacher. but even for that i have to get there.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

It was a joint account with my husband.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

yes account is active as the pension goes into that account.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for Returning Resident apply. Notoriously difficult to obtain without very strong ties to the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

thank you. is this the only means i can apply
Old Nov 26th 2016, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracysmiths
thank you. is this the only means i can apply
The standard options for moving to the UK are:

- work visa sponsored by employer
- student visa
- marriage visa
- investment visa.

If you have European ancestry and can obtain a European passport then that would allow you to move under EU rules.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 4:10 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracysmiths
Hi, I am a brazillian citizen. I was married to Britishman and i was living in the uk from 2004 up until 2010. Then my husband and i decided to move to Brazil. My husband passed away 3months
Sorry to hear of your bereavement Tracy.
Old Nov 26th 2016, 5:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Given that you've been living outside the UK for six years now, your husband is deceased and you do not appear to have any other ties to the UK then I would suggest your application for a Returning Resident visa is likely to be refused.

If you have any recent European ancestry then that may make you eligible for an EU/EEA passport which would allow you to move to the UK without a visa.