Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Removal/shipping companies NZ-UK

Removal/shipping companies NZ-UK

Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

fishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nice
Default Removal/shipping companies NZ-UK

Hello
We are probably (!) going to move back home to UK from NZ at v beginning of April. This decision has taken us ages to make because we like it here but I am now nearly 5 months pregnant and after going round and round in circles decided that there is everything here but one crucial thing that I now feel I need to start our new family.

Anyway...we have until the beginning of April to sort everything out - no idea where to start! Flights, removal firms...

Anyone got good recommendations for a good removal/shipping firm?

Logical people to advise me how to go about getting ourselves moved back? I can't think straight at the moment!

Thanks!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Yorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really nice
Default Re: Removal/shipping companies NZ-UK

Hi fishpond,

I am just sitting here with a pen and paper about to get phone numbers for shipping companies from NZ to UK!! We are moving back in May (although our stuff will be getting shipped end of April). I will try and get my head around the names and numbers and get back to you on this over the next couple of days - if I don't for any reason, send me a PM to kick me up the arse!! I have 2 children under 3 so I don't get around to doing half the tasks I set for myself!!

So far, I have had Conroy's, John Scott and Grace removals recommended to me - I already know Crown will try and rip you off so wouldn't touch them. I'm hoping to sort out some quotes for the next week or so - will let you know best prices etc.

Where are you going back to? Have you been in NZ long?

Y-G
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:36 am
Just Joined

fishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nicefishpond is just really nice

Hi
That would be great. I simply don't know where to start at the moment - feel a bit overwhelmed now that we have made the decision to go home to have the baby. We have only been in NZ since last June. We don't have any furniture to move but when we came out here we shipped an electric piano, ski gear, and various other things in the car and the car was in its own container. Not sure if we will ship the car back or not but it did work well coming out here.

I will have to get my act together with this soon! I just can't work out what order to do things in!I blame the pregnancy hormones for addling my brain!

Thanks a lot. I will post anything I find too.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Just don't use Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd or Sirva Group!

Burt
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:11 pm
on my way home :)

leeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud of

Hi

I am just in the middle of getting quotes for shipping at the moment, going back in a few weeks will let you know how I get on. At the moment the cheapest i have been quoted is $9,500 - $10,500 but I cant remembe rwho quoted me that now
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:55 pm
on my way home :)

leeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud of

Hi
Just got some quotes from Transworld International for a 4 bed house $6750, Crown $12,000 & Anglo Pacific $10,500