Regretting it already!

Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

franki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nicefranki is just really nice
Default Re: Regretting it already!

Please forgive my inconsistent replies. I haven't quite got this down yet!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franki
Please forgive my inconsistent replies. I haven't quite got this down yet!
Thats nice of you but you really dont have to reply to all that welcome you just keep popping in and nice to have you on board.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
so you'll be a good lancashire lass then...my son was born in southport

i have fond memories of those sandhills at ainsdale
Scouser then
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:28 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Small world! I've heard Thornton-Cleveleys is a nice place, one of the places we're looking at, although it may be a bit pricey for us.
It's great if your thinking of dying any time soon
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:15 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

i encourage you to move back to england. unless you have very strong family ties here, you will want to leave within a year. but some people have to experience it to believe it.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
Scouser then
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:21 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
i encourage you to move back to england. unless you have very strong family ties here, you will want to leave within a year. but some people have to experience it to believe it.
Another doom and gloom merchant.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Another doom and gloom merchant.

...who doesn't have the wherewithall to succeed in the UK.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:28 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I used Rinkens in July, and I'd agree with Scout that Christoph was very good with making sure the logistics go well BUT ... (and it's a big but), the local company they sub-sub-contracted to (yes, that was two "sub's") were absolutely downright crappy, and my stuff arrived having fallen all over the container - it was leaning on the walls, fallen upside down, everything. The local (in Wales) shippers were absolutely dumbfounded when they unloaded, they seemed to spend half the morning just shaking their heads in disbelief at what a poor job the NC packing company had done. Miraculously, the overall amount of damage didn't amount to much, financially, but mostly because there were so many niggling things (shoes crushed, journals all folded up, scuffs, etc.) that were not easily quantifiable.

I also received an abusive email from the owner of the local NC company (I was actually cc'd - he had emailed me, Rinkens, and some other company, trying to find out who "hadn't paid") - it seemed they hadn't received payment yet from the company who sub-contracted them, and who were in turn sub-contracted by Rinkens. Having paid my $7,000 to Rinkens, I was a bit pissed off to receive this email.

You have to remember that these international shipping companies are really just a huge conglomerate of independent, locally contracted companies and on occasions the actual hands-on people have almost nothing to do with the company you are actually paying.

Bottom line is that if I were to do it again (and I have NO intention of ever going transAtlantic again!), I'd definitely ask for references for the local (US) company. Bottom line is, though, that Rinkens dropped the ball in their quality-control of the companies they were sub-contracting to.
Before i deal with with US based companies i always check here.
http://www.movingscam.com/
.................mm

Last edited by mr mover; Jan 13th 2007 at 9:35 pm. Reason: missed link
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Southport is a really nice place. My dad sings in a hotel there quite often. I can't remember the name of it. I'm looking forward to going there though.

when you remember the name of the hotel pls let me know...btw i've sent you a pm...aka private message
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:58 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
...who doesn't have the wherewithall to succeed in the UK.
you know nothing about me, you sad person who has to insult anonymous persons on the internet to get their kicks. im guessing you are middle aged, unhappy, and moderately overweight. you also probably smoke, and have a moderate drinking problem. over the past 3 years, you have amassed over 7000 posts on a message board. thats roughly 7 posts every single day for the past 1000 days. in other words, you have no life.

Last edited by moving2montreal; Jan 13th 2007 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

you know nothing about me, you sad person who has to insult anonymous persons on the internet to get their kicks. im guessing you are middle aged, unhappy, and moderately overweight. you also probably smoke, and have a moderate drinking problem. over the past 3 years, you have amassed over 7000 posts on a message board. thats roughly 7 posts every single day for the past 1000 days. in other words, you have no life.

At least I have managed to succeed in the UK...I don't need to escape.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

omg name calling great as if we don't have enough of those on this message board
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by blowfly
omg name calling great as if we don't have enough of those on this message board
It's maybe all he's any good at...
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:19 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

There's a quick lesson in how to make friends.

franki...hello, good luck with your decisions.
When we moved to the US I dreaded leaving my house. We had lived in it for 18 years and all my daughters had grown up in it. All our memories were there. For the first year here I hated this house as it seemed stuffed with the previous owners memories. They had built the house and lived in it for 32 years. But now I feel it's mine and we are making new memories here and I'm sure the same will happen to you.
My youngest daughter was 10 when we came here and she did find some things hard at first but she really enjoyed doing the new things like iceskating that she hadn't been able to do in the UK.
It is always hard to change your life and you will always wonder what would have happened if you had stayed or gone but you can always come back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.