Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Recommended estate agents for London returnees?

Recommended estate agents for London returnees?

Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:05 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default Recommended estate agents for London returnees?

We are currently flat hunting in London - preferably North London. I know a number of people have gone back to the capital and looked for flats to rent and I also know that some of you had the issue regarding not having employment lined up right away.

Just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a reasonable estate agent? We spoke to one today that would have asked for guarantor or 6 months rent plus 2 months deposit. That seemed a little excessive, really. We'd be happy to give them 3 months up front and 1-2 months deposit.

I suppose the other option is to go via the Loot and speak to private landlords directly who may be more inclined to take the 3 months up front rent and run with it.