New Requirement

Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Requirement

I read this on another site today and didn't believe it at all.

Doesn't affect me (USC) nor, obviously, my soon to become USC husband, but still - I just found it kinda surprising ...

Sure enuff, I checked the USCIS site today and there it was.

Here's the link to the pdf - it's question and answer #13.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...earchQuery=hpv

____

NaturalNews.com

Originally published September 17 2008

U.S. Government Mandates HPV Vaccine For New US Residents
by Sherry Baker

Despite growing reports of serious and even fatal reactions to the human papillomavirus ( HPV) vaccine, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that people from other countries who want to become legal permanent residents of the US are required to have the HPV vaccination to protect against cervical cancer.

The new rule, outlined in the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) revised Technical Instructions to Civil Surgeons for Vaccination Requirements , stipulates "age-appropriate" groups, which means girls and young adult women, have to show proof of the vaccinations or they will not be granted legal permanent resident status in the U.S.

This marks another enormous marketing success for the drug giant Merck & Co., maker of the HPV vaccine,Gardasil . Merck has lobbied for virtual universal vaccination of females with the vaccine. Gadisil is currently ...

remainder of article here ...

http://www.naturalnews.com/024234.html
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:05 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Requirement

Yes, I heard about it yesterday being discussed on CNN or MSNBC (can't remember which). It doesn't affect us anymore, either, but it doesn't surprise me that they've tacked on yet another requirement. I mean, what do they care if people need to find even MORE money to support their naturalization applications? It's not like the fundamentals of the economy aren't strong, right? That's the price of freedom!

But seriously... Where does it end? Will people have to get vaccinated against rabies? Against small pox? When (hopefully not if) an HIV/AIDS vaccination is developed, will people be required to get that, too?

~ Jenney
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Yes, I heard about it yesterday being discussed on CNN or MSNBC (can't remember which). It doesn't affect us anymore, either, but it doesn't surprise me that they've tacked on yet another requirement. I mean, what do they care if people need to find even MORE money to support their naturalization applications? It's not like the fundamentals of the economy aren't strong, right? That's the price of freedom!

But seriously... Where does it end? Will people have to get vaccinated against rabies? Against small pox? When (hopefully not if) an HIV/AIDS vaccination is developed, will people be required to get that, too?

~ Jenney
As humans very infrequently get rabies, I would think not.

If there were an AIDS vaccine - I bet they would! And I can't say I disagree really.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed Jenny - where does it end?

Gardasil hasn't been on the market 5 minutes and already they're finding problems with it.

(another score for the pharmacutical companies)

Doesn't seem right to require it for incoming immigrants.

But I guess the USCIS would say they're not forcing anyone to do anything - the immigrant can choose not to come ...

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
Old Sep 18th 2008, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

Yeah I am really NOT looking forward to being jabbed with medicines that a)have not had significant trials completed yet b)almost useless to a woman my age and c)not a protector against the very large majority of the strains of the virus. It really bothers me in fact
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
Yeah I am really NOT looking forward to being jabbed with medicines that a)have not had significant trials completed yet b)almost useless to a woman my age and c)not a protector against the very large majority of the strains of the virus. It really bothers me in fact
If it is not appropriate for your age, hopefully you won't have to have it.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tracym
If it is not appropriate for your age, hopefully you won't have to have it.
11 - 26 years old I think.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

You're correct Marty - per the CDC ...

There is now a vaccine that prevents the types of genital human papillomavirus (HPV) that cause most cases of cervical cancer and genital warts. The vaccine, GardasilĀ®, is given in three shots over six-months. The vaccine is routinely recommended for 11 and 12 year old girls. It is also recommended for girls and women age 13 through 26 who have not yet been vaccinated or completed the vaccine series.

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Hpv/STDFact-HPV-vaccine.htm

I'm tellin' ya - this if flippin scarey.

Originally Posted by Marty J
11 - 26 years old I think.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
You'll be even happier (NOT) when you find out it costs $128 per shot and it's a three course vaccine! I had the first one done a couple of weeks ago! :curse:
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
You'll be even happier (NOT) when you find out it costs $128 per shot and it's a three course vaccine! I had the first one done a couple of weeks ago! :curse:

Well I received July 2008 update vaccination costs and it was Ā£120.00 at the Knightbridge Doctors!

I am okay as over 26 and daughter is only 15 months, so when it is her turn in 9+ years hopefully vaccine would have improved.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs Bucket
... so when it is her turn in 9+ years hopefully vaccine would have improved.
I don't think you need to worry about this. Once you and your daughter are PRs, she will not need the vaccination. From my understanding, it's only for those who have not yet become PRs and are in the age group.

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:13 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

My friend found out she had cervical cancer when she was 37...she died less than one year later. She had been married to the same person since she was 18 and had no family history of any cancers, etc. My daughter is 19 and I want her to get the vaccination.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of

I'll be 26 when I get there (obv visa paending - dont want to jinx it!) so I'll have to be rolling up my sleeve...