Recent ToR Timeline

Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

billabong2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recent ToR Timeline

Greetings - for anyone who's interested, we received our Unique Reference Number in 7 business days after applying by email. We didn't put any monetary values for personal items. Fingers crossed as we apply for a refund using BOR286. Any info on how long these are taking?
Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2019, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

BritInBergenNJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recent ToR Timeline

Hey billabong2 , I've not got an answer to your question (sorry) but am wonder how detailed you were with your items listed on the TOR form? We've yet to completely pack up our house, so don't have an accurate box count (for example). Am I overthinking this?
Old Sep 9th 2019, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

billabong2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInBergenNJ
Hey billabong2 , I've not got an answer to your question (sorry) but am wonder how detailed you were with your items listed on the TOR form? We've yet to completely pack up our house, so don't have an accurate box count (for example). Am I overthinking this?
Hi,
We made a detailed list per box for our own purposes to get an accurate money figure per box (we mailed our goods). Then for the TOR application inventory we collated the items into groups like women's clothes/ £, kitchen utensils / £, books/dvds/ £, etc.We only broke out a couple of things on their own (an antique clock for example). We didn't give a value per box. Also on the inventory list we left the quantity blank for personal documents and noted 'no monetary value'. Based on our previous research, you don't need a great amount of detail. I think if you're using pro movers, the inventory they develop will suffice.
And our refund application for the boxes that had arrived prior to our TOR being approved was processed quickly. We mailed the request on Aug. 13, got a letter saying 'refund approved' on Aug. 16 and received a refund payment on Aug. 27.
Good Luck!
Old Sep 9th 2019, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

BritInBergenNJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks billabong2 this is very useful. We're probably going to use Upakweship.com, so bare-bones moving!
Old Dec 20th 2019, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Given the subject matter I thought I would post my experiance/timeline here as it could be helpful for others.

I did my own Excel sheet which was a list of my packed boxes by number with a not too detailed itemised list for each Eg: Box 1 - 3 DVD's, 20 XBOX Games, 3 x XBOX Controllers, Variety of Ornaments. Box 2 - Linen, Towels, Kitchen Utensils. I did specify USED for each item as well. I then put a 'value' for anything non sentimental. Just a guess, towel 10 pounds etc. The only Item I did put a proper value on was my PC. I then printed it and signed it as required.

On the ToR form, I put a family members address.

When it came to emailing, I combined all scanned documents (Item list x 1, Copy of current rental agreement, copy of passport) into a PDF, Which came in at just over 5mb. I then created an email to the address supplied, in the body I wrote a cover letter explaining I had been in Aus since 1993, I wasn't sure if I had an NI number which Is why i chose 'No', and that I did not have any receipts as all my goods where used, and over 2 year old. I also explained that I would be looking for work once back in the UK.

That was it. Nothing complicated or fancy. I sent the email on the 15th, got an automatic reply a few mins later, and today got an email stating approved. So 5 days! I have to say I'm impressed given the time of year.