Move Cube questions

Old Nov 27th 2019, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Chakn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move Cube questions

We are currently moving from Canada to Edinburgh and have hired a Move Cube from Seven Seas. I'm just wondering how specific we need to be with the documents. The examples don't really help. If I have a box with a bunch of knick knacks, do I have to list each one out? What about if I've got a selection of screwdrivers, hammers, spanners, etc. Do I have to itemise each thing or can I just say "tools"? Do I need to list the materials accurately? What about value? How stringent are the UK customs going to be? Any advice is appreciated
Old Nov 28th 2019, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

geoeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move Cube questions

When I did it, the list was somewhere in the middle between just writing "tools" and listing each one out, about how you wrote it in your post. Is this just for your movers or for an application for Transfer of Residence relief (ToR1)? If you write out a detailed list, it's easy to use it for everything (customs, insurance, etc.). One good way to approach the list might be to consider how thorough you would like the moving company to be if they had to replace everything. Would you be content just getting a bunch of random knick knacks and tools or would you be looking for specific items. Or if customs wanted to find socks in the belongings you're shipping, would it be easy to do that from the documents provided; an awful example but might help figure out how detailed to be.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm doing for example only: Box 1 10 x USED DVD's 20 X Used XBOX ONE games, Kitchen utensils (wooden spoons/cutlery)
Box 2 Sheets x 5, Towels x 10.

Not specifying colours and what not. I'd be here all day. However ,do what suits you. That's just what I'm doing. Things that you would want replaced if lost, be specific but everything else, meh.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

I also entered "Box 1 - various kitchen cutlery items", "Box 2 - assorted handbags and purses" etc..

I found it easier to use the microphone on my iphone and talk into an email listing items as I was packing the boxes. Obviously a few mistakes (from speaking into the mic) which I fixed when editing the document. Then copied and pasted into an excel spreadsheet.

Handy to have an an electronic document - for insurance details and to recall what was where when they arrived!

Also, print out labels with "BOX 1" "BOX 2" etc on them and just stick on boxes.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Britishbitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britishbitz
I'm doing for example only: Box 1 10 x USED DVD's 20 X Used XBOX ONE games, Kitchen utensils (wooden spoons/cutlery)
Box 2 Sheets x 5, Towels x 10.

Not specifying colours and what not. I'd be here all day. However ,do what suits you. That's just what I'm doing. Things that you would want replaced if lost, be specific but everything else, meh.

Update - Sent my email off on 15th Dec, got approved today