Reasons For Returning

Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:18 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reasons For Returning

What are the things that you prefer about the UK/missed whilst you were away?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Reasons For Returning

Originally Posted by mono
Good fish and chips, oh yes and I havent seen a decent dog turd since I have been in NZ
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mono
My sister.

(but not in a Tasmanian way )
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:47 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Family, food and weather. in that order.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kenpom
Good fish and chips, oh yes and I havent seen a decent dog turd since I have been in NZ

The f + c in NZ are way better than the UK, but u are right about the turds. The only thing i miss is a decent pint of bitter
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:18 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Mostly I miss friends & family, events like weddings and christenings etc....and going to my local with my mates and catching up with school mates (people who you have a history with)

I sometimes miss certain weather like snow and rain (but only sometimes, just cos I get bored of the sun constantly shining and its a novelty now). I miss sungging up in front of the fire all cosy when its cold outside. Or going for a walk by the river with my dogs wearing wellies and splashing through the muddy puddles (these were things I didn't appreciate when I had them and whinged about them) Its true you don't know what you have till its gone.

But Mainly I miss the shopping, Tescos, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, and all the cheap and good quality clothing and lots of different choice of food which is also cheap and shopping 24 hours too.

oh and the TV I miss my Sky tv cos Foxtel is rubbish

This is all I miss though!

I used to miss fish and chips but when we went back after 3 years for a holiday we went and got some and they were full of grease and it was all stuck tot he top of our mouths, so we realised we weren't missing much. Plus the fish is better here and marginally cheaper I think.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
The f + c in NZ are way better than the UK, but u are right about the turds. The only thing i miss is a decent pint of bitter
I have been here 6 years and have given up on fush and chups which dont even enter the same league as those from the NE of England
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:37 am
Just Joined

sammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud ofsammyz has much to be proud of

kenpom....a great dog turd..now that cracked me up!

I miss the great sense of humour that us Brits have...my family......traditions.....a tray of fish and chips scoffed down after a night at a great pub with friends who have said great sense of humour......the British countryside.........frost in the morning..........being able to speak your mind when needed..........baked beans,I have dreams about baked beans.......
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kenpom
With every other person owning a dog in OZ i saw plenty of the steaming stuff. The doggy beach was a killer, god the stench, it was disgusting.

Anyhooooo i missed everything about UK. I thought i wouldn't, but i did, so there you go
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

For us its a more outdoor lifestyle.We spend alot of time outside,walking all seasons,plus I spend alot of time gardening(I grow most of our own food).We also love travelling alot,and do so on a regular basis.The climate suits me(I had spent 30 years in Australia),and where I live is usually pretty good in summer.I love the pubs,festivals,live music,history,people,beauty of the countryside,the native animals/flora,the health service,cheap dentists,cheap food/clothes/toiletries ect,variety of tv programmes,gentleness of the country(not alot can kill yah lol)and a sense of being connected to my own land!Whew!!!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I want to live in a place that is mellow, where people talk to you and have the same sense of humour and the conversation you began 15 years ago continues as if there has never been a hiatus. Where there is variety when you drive from A to B, when your day begins and you have no idea what the weather will be like, where the grass is GREEEEEEEEEN and the gardens full of bright beautiful flowers that change with the seasons, where you can walk down a street and be confronted with a thousand years of human endeavour without even looking.

I long for long summer nights and cold winter days in front of a fire with a real Christmas feel at Christmas time.

I love my people - close ones and friends and I want to be there to share all those special times with them, the births, the marriages and, sadly, the deaths, to see my cousins and friends and their kids moving, growing and changing with the times.

I appreciate the variety in the shops as well - takes me a good two weeks to get over that gobsmacked awe of the variety there too.

Basically, I want to live where I belong and not where I am an alien with alien views, alien noises and alien attitudes to batter my life every single day.

Easy peasy really!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

bobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by quoll
I want to live in a place that is mellow, where people talk to you and have the same sense of humour and the conversation you began 15 years ago continues as if there has never been a hiatus. Where there is variety when you drive from A to B, when your day begins and you have no idea what the weather will be like, where the grass is GREEEEEEEEEN and the gardens full of bright beautiful flowers that change with the seasons, where you can walk down a street and be confronted with a thousand years of human endeavour without even looking.

I long for long summer nights and cold winter days in front of a fire with a real Christmas feel at Christmas time.

I love my people - close ones and friends and I want to be there to share all those special times with them, the births, the marriages and, sadly, the deaths, to see my cousins and friends and their kids moving, growing and changing with the times.

I appreciate the variety in the shops as well - takes me a good two weeks to get over that gobsmacked awe of the variety there too.

Basically, I want to live where I belong and not where I am an alien with alien views, alien noises and alien attitudes to batter my life every single day.

Easy peasy really!
it seems like you suffer from 'the grass is greener' syndrome. i had it before i moved back to the UK, but reality will cut through that once you get back here. people who have lived away from the UK for a long time come back to find its just not the same place, and not in a good way.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345
it seems like you suffer from 'the grass is greener' syndrome. i had it before i moved back to the UK, but reality will cut through that once you get back here. people who have lived away from the UK for a long time come back to find its just not the same place, and not in a good way.
But the 'same place' is what some of us want...everything changes anyway, no matter where you live. But home is home even if you don't like it.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

For you maybe. For many many others, the UK is home and regardless of superficial changes, it will always be home and anywhere else is just that - anywhere else. Every country has problems. People who love a country - whether it's home or not takes no notice of those problems. People who don't love a country find the problems insurmountable.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:29 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Utter rubbish

I have been away for 10yrs and came back in April. I love it more than ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.