Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

Wikiposts

Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

paul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to allpaul_79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
I was the one who looked up the prices for the post boxes and theyre 68 quid for 6 months I think it was. Thats 3 times what we pay here in the US and we both agree its a tad bit SPENDY when maybe theres another way around it.
You can get mail redirected. Half the price. I did this when I moved and I think it took a week to set up. Can he send it to a friends or other family member?

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...8&campaign=MRP
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I read your other post AP, and I feel for your situation. However, I must say that I don't understand why he wouldn't check his account for 3 months? Heck, I don't go longer than a week. What's done is done though, so no sense crying over it.

If he can log into his online account, why can't he print off his statements from there? And surely, after these escapades from dear ol' mum, he plans on continuously checking the account for any issues, instead of waiting til the end of the month?? I sure as heck wouldn't wait a month to check the account after this; I'd log in every damn day...as well as taking away the fricking access from her.

I agree with other posters. Paying 68GBP seems nothing in comparison to having a better feeling of security.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:26 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have said the same thing - it'd be very easy for an "immgrationally important" piece of mail to get "mislaid" by the mental old bat that could set back the visa process by months.

68 quid isn't too much to spend for a bit of piece of mind really is it?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:30 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and why doesn't he talk to NatWest about removing the crazy old harridans access to the account, or opening a new account, transferring any incoming DD's standing orders and, most importantly, removing the overdraft from the old account?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 5:32 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarrotCruncher
I still maintain my NatWest account whilst I am over here, and receive a monthly statement. That is for both a regular checking account, and my savings account. BTW, they are mailed to me in the US, which helps.
You can also choose now to just have statements online and not sent out at all.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:23 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
Oh, and why doesn't he talk to NatWest about removing the crazy old harridans access to the account, or opening a new account, transferring any incoming DD's standing orders and, most importantly, removing the overdraft from the old account?
Thats the thing, she wasnt granted access to the account. He trusts his mother ( all though her recent actions prove he should not ) but, She would take the card without him knowing and put it back, or when hed confront her, she would accuse ME of making her give up his money. Shes also written checks and signed his name on them without his knowledge, then would tell him the morning it would be deposited and rush off to the bank to deposit money into his account to cover the check.

As far as the mail, my fiance has led a pretty solitary life, not many close trustable friends and his family is far from ... functional if you ask me. I think I will bother him more about getting the post box.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the thing, she wasnt granted access to the account. He trusts his mother ( all though her recent actions prove he should not ) but, She would take the card without him knowing and put it back, or when hed confront her, she would accuse ME of making her give up his money. Shes also written checks and signed his name on them without his knowledge, then would tell him the morning it would be deposited and rush off to the bank to deposit money into his account to cover the check.
Is there a reason he can't/won't:

keep bank cards in his pocket or locked up?
keep checkbook on his person or locked up?
open account at another bank and transfer all funds there, not telling mother?
change all passwords for online access?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer. Call the police. If what you said is true, that's fraud.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a PIN, the card is no use by itself.

There seem other issues here, but none of our business and way off topic.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How often do they issue a paper bank statement? Every month or 3?
Years ago I requested 2 statements per month...they still send me 2 statements per month to the US.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Simple answer. Call the police. If what you said is true, that's fraud.
+ 1!!! If she is signing his name to checks behind his back, this is FRAUD!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
+ 1!!! If she is signing his name to checks behind his back, this is FRAUD!
And it's his mother, and presumably with his backhanded blessing.
How'd she get his checkbook? His PIN? He gave them over.

Mum's not doing anything the the son didn't let her do.