Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:41 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

How often do they issue a paper bank statement? Every month or 3?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:44 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about Natwest Banks in the UK?

It might depend on the type of account you have, but IME monthly is typical for accounts that give a paper statement.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:50 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
WTF? Won't his mum let him pick up the phone or go into the bank in person now?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:53 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
WTF? Won't his mum let him pick up the phone or go into the bank in person now?

Considering he hasnt seen a bank statement for the past 3 months and when I logged in online to his account, we discovered what shes been doing with his money. It was a sunday ( yesterday when this all hit the fan ) and he hasnt had time to ring Natwest yet. Youre a very rude and snide person you know, if you can't answer my question, don't be a troll.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:54 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by chartreuse
It might depend on the type of account you have, but IME monthly is typical for accounts that give a paper statement.

Its just a regular checking account with overdraft. We thought monthly statements is what NatWest issued, I remember when I was there last summer, I saw two statements but the mother in law whisked them away like confidential government papers!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:58 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering he hasnt seen a bank statement for the past 3 months and when I logged in online to his account, we discovered what shes been doing with his money. It was a sunday ( yesterday when this all hit the fan ) and he hasnt had time to ring Natwest yet. Youre a very rude and snide person you know, if you can't answer my question, don't be a troll.
I know I'm rude and snide. I also think that there's way too much to your story that makes no sense.

It sounds to me like he's telling you things that don't quite add up to you (like he didn't check his bank account for three months, or that a post office box is too expensive and he can't stop his mum opening his mail) and you're asking here to find out if it's plausible.

Tales of insane mothers in cahoots with "online scammers", with incredible powers of control of their sons lives, finances and immigration chances are dreadful, but I think there's more to it than that.

He's not getting cold feet, is he?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:59 pm
Arrogant ****

By the way, you do know that it's probably illegal for you to be logging into his online account, right? Why couldn't he do that himself?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Questy Questionson

I know I'm rude and snide. I also think that there's way too much to your story that makes no sense.

It sounds to me like he's telling you things that don't quite add up to you (like he didn't check his bank account for three months, or that a post office box is too expensive and he can't stop his mum opening his mail) and you're asking here to find out if it's plausible.

Tales of insane mothers in cahoots with "online scammers", with incredible powers of control of their sons lives, finances and immigration chances are dreadful, but I think there's more to it than that.

He's not getting cold feet, is he?

This is all stuff I know first hand. The account she had access to was just a nominal account, with about 700 quid a month deposited into it, for bills and such, but she was taking the money for bingo and the drink, not the bills. So he never thought to check it until some of her shananigans became more obvious. I logged in and saw what she was doing with the money.

I was the one who looked up the prices for the post boxes and theyre 68 quid for 6 months I think it was. Thats 3 times what we pay here in the US and we both agree its a tad bit SPENDY when maybe theres another way around it.

As far as his mother opening his mail, she will stop for a week or two, then shes right back to doing it again when she thinks hes not mad about it, she gets confronted and she stops, then starts again.

And as far as his mother, the 66 yr old has a Myspace page where all she talks to is 25 yr old Scammers from countries like Pakistan and Turkey who all claim they love her and want to marry her. They've got her duped into believing their bullshyte and Im sure a simple request of one of them helping her find a phone number for the US Embassy would be an easy enough request for one of them to fill to prove their love to her.

Yeah it may all sound far fetched, but sometimes real life actually is more exciting than watching a blade of grass grow.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:06 pm
Questy Questionson

By the way, you do know that it's probably illegal for you to be logging into his online account, right? Why couldn't he do that himself?

I have permission to do it, thank you very much And he was in Derby visiting his dying sister at the time so he asked me to do it. FFS mate you're a bit more than rude and snide.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:12 pm
Arrogant ****

This is all stuff I know first hand. The account she had access to was just a nominal account, with about 700 quid a month deposited into it, for bills and such, but she was taking the money for bingo and the drink, not the bills. So he never thought to check it until some of her shananigans became more obvious. I logged in and saw what she was doing with the money.

I was the one who looked up the prices for the post boxes and theyre 68 quid for 6 months I think it was. Thats 3 times what we pay here in the US and we both agree its a tad bit SPENDY when maybe theres another way around it.

As far as his mother opening his mail, she will stop for a week or two, then shes right back to doing it again when she thinks hes not mad about it, she gets confronted and she stops, then starts again.

And as far as his mother, the 66 yr old has a Myspace page where all she talks to is 25 yr old Scammers from countries like Pakistan and Turkey who all claim they love her and want to marry her. They've got her duped into believing their bullshyte and Im sure a simple request of one of them helping her find a phone number for the US Embassy would be an easy enough request for one of them to fill to prove their love to her.

Yeah it may all sound far fetched, but sometimes real life actually is more exciting than watching a blade of grass grow.
Then you genuinely have my sympathies, and I hope it all works out for you and him (and the baby).

How soon can he get the hell out of this situation and move to the US? Sounds like things will only get worse in the meantime.

Oh, and don't worry about your other thread where she's threatening to call the US Embassy - she won't be able to talk to anyone who a) cares b) wants to talk to a madwoman or c) knows anything at all about immigration. Do, however, make sure she doesn't run up a HUGE bill on the premium phone line.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:20 pm
Questy Questionson

Then you genuinely have my sympathies, and I hope it all works out for you and him (and the baby).

How soon can he get the hell out of this situation and move to the US? Sounds like things will only get worse in the meantime.

Oh, and don't worry about your other thread where she's threatening to call the US Embassy - she won't be able to talk to anyone who a) cares b) wants to talk to a madwoman or c) knows anything at all about immigration. Do, however, make sure she doesn't run up a HUGE bill on the premium phone line.

It doesnt look like they will process his application until February 2009, at least a month after our son is born. Im only in NY until he can come here, then were moving to Montana where life is about as exciting as watching a blade of grass grow. I cant handle all the drama and stress his mother brings.:curse:
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

CarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the rough

I still maintain my NatWest account whilst I am over here, and receive a monthly statement. That is for both a regular checking account, and my savings account. BTW, they are mailed to me in the US, which helps.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:30 pm
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by CarrotCruncher
I still maintain my NatWest account whilst I am over here, and receive a monthly statement. That is for both a regular checking account, and my savings account. BTW, they are mailed to me in the US, which helps.
'

thank you carrot much appreciated
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nat West like all? Banks, have a 24 hour telephone banking operation. I get my statements every 3 months, probably something you can choose.

Sounds like time for him to leave the nest, easy enough to get his post diverted.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Considering the amount of time and money involved in the immigration process this is not that big an investment. If an important letter is missed it could cost you a lot more then £68 and set you back months.

Oh and bank statements are normally what you set them to. Most banks will let you change the frequency of how often you receive them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.