QM2 booked....again!

Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:15 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QM2 booked....again!

WOW Britwhore, there's no hanging around for you!

Congrats to hubby on the job offer, that's fab news!

Good luck for your return back home, again!
Old Jan 13th 2015, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2015, 6:47 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Lovely news, so glad to hear about the job. 7 weeks will seem like a doddle compared to 5 weeks last time! All the best for the move.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! Congrats to your hubby on the job!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely news! Wish you both all the best..
Old Jan 14th 2015, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Well plans have changed AGAIN!!

My husband just got offered an AMAZING job in London and will start March 8th! So instead of a leisurely sail over the Atlantic we're going to say some prayers and fly back with the dogs first week of March!!!

So 7 weeks and counting........yikes!!! Done it before. Can do it again. This time no house to sell and most of our stuff is still in boxes from when we arrived this time last year! We never unpacked!! HAHAHA!!!
Hip hip hooray!!! March 8th is my birthday too How were you able to cancel the ship booking? Wishing you the very best of luck
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:09 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
Why?

A crossing is very useful for those with pets, and those with a lot of luggage to take with them. We would do it for those reasons if necessary, but husband still would be bored. Not his thing.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
A crossing is very useful for those with pets, and those with a lot of luggage to take with them. We would do it for those reasons if necessary, but husband still would be bored. Not his thing.
Having done the crossing, it's the boredom comment that surprises me, I suppose.

I think the only things missing compared to a 'regular' holiday would be buildings and driving around - I guess if you need those for a good holiday, then yes, it wouldn't be for you.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

We came to the US with our dog on the QM2 in 2012 - we were so busy on the ship, no time for boredom! There's usually a couple of speakers and on our cruise RADA were there so gave some great Shakespeare performances and a few classes. Lots of fun, plenty to see or do (I'd never been to a Planetarium before, lest one on a ship!) and so much food in the Grills. The ship is about a third of a mile long so you can walk / run for exercise. The view from the top was magnificent. I forgot about the Golden Lion, last "proper" fish and chips!

I love that our dog had so much fun. Plenty of playtime on the pet deck, visits from the Captain and a Kennel Master that looks after the dogs and cats throughout the voyage. Great to here everyone's stories about why they were bringing their pet and their histories. Still in touch with most on Facebook.

Last edited by jaffy23; Jan 14th 2015 at 2:09 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

That's wonderful news britwhore, good luck with the move
Old Jan 14th 2015, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much everyone! All very exciting. Strange sense of deja vu! HAHAHA!! Oh well. Deep breaths and all that.

Need to call QM2 this week to cancel booking. My deposit is refundable until April I think so not an issue
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

canadaelk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate flying and dealing with airports etc. Definitely taking QM2 when I go. Plus it helps with the time zone adjustment.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

janeth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nice

Hi,

Have been reading your thread and congratulations with the move!

We decided to sell our home and head to England for a visit but we want to sail also.
They quoted me $3000 for our dog to fly which is crazy.
We have been looking at doing the QM2 with our dog but i guess as others have said sell out quick.
We were hoping to go in April 2015.....maybe he will have to fly

Hope things go well
Old Jan 15th 2015, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

As far as I know the QM2 kennels are completely booked for this year but seeing as you only have one dog you should keep calling the kennel department just in case they get a last minute cancellation. That's how I managed to sail with 4 dogs last time!
Old Jan 16th 2015, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea Britwhore (and good luck with the move back!). That's what we did and ended up changing our crossing from April to May when Cunard called us to let us know there had been a cancellation for the kennels. They were great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.