Proving right to rent

Old Aug 29th 2022, 4:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proving right to rent

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No other country has 'bring in your spouse irrespective of income' immigration process.
Sorry to be contrary, but Canada does.
Old Aug 29th 2022, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry to be contrary, but Canada does.

You are quite correct. According to the following website:

You do not need a job to sponsor your spouse, conjugal partner, or common-law partner to come to Canada. Unlike other sponsorship programs, there is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship.

Sponsor Your Spouse or Partner to Canada - Canadim

Amazing.......surprised more people don't want to move to Canada as opposed to UK and the US (both of whom have financial criteria)

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 29th 2022 at 5:26 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2022, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

GyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to move to Canada, but it's a long way from family for me and my wife. So we've jumped through some hoops, have some useful paperwork, and ... I still can't find out how to prove we're allowed to rent a house. <sigh>
Old Sep 1st 2022, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GyroMagician
Just to clarify, we want to rent a house together, and I am British. But under the current rules (no idea when this rubbish started), every adult who will live in the house has to prove they are allowed to do so. Hence the need for a share code or something similar. Letting agents are actually quite jumpy about it, so I guess the fines they could face are substantial.
I have heard about this info either where have you read about this as it might help with your question.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 10:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I have heard about this info either where have you read about this as it might help with your question.
https://www.gov.uk/check-tenant-right-to-rent-documents
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-rent
Old Sep 8th 2022, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stelly is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You are quite correct. According to the following website:

You do not need a job to sponsor your spouse, conjugal partner, or common-law partner to come to Canada. Unlike other sponsorship programs, there is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship.

Sponsor Your Spouse or Partner to Canada - Canadim

Amazing.......surprised more people don't want to move to Canada as opposed to UK and the US (both of whom have financial criteria)
Not a single Canadian company responded to any of my (highly skilled, in demand) husband's applications for jobs. One of them they contacted one of his references/past colleague who moved to Canada, but that was it. They just don't seem to want the bother. It's frustrating as I'd rather live there, keep my consumer durables, and be able to drive back to see friends. But nope.