Postcards from England

Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Postcards from England

I'm sorry this isn't an actual photo but we went here for dinner on Saturday night as it's only 7-8 mins drive from our town. What a great little pub, no big screen tv showing football, no blaring music, just a roaring fire and people chatting.

can't believe we've lived in te area since June and have never been there, it will be lovely on a long simmer evening in the garden. (we're not big into pubs in geberal as I'm usually too knackered from training )

http://www.thewithiesinn.com/
Old Jan 24th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm sorry this isn't an actual photo but we went here for dinner on Saturday night as it's only 7-8 mins drive from our town. What a great little pub, no big screen tv showing football, no blaring music, just a roaring fire and people chatting.

can't believe we've lived in te area since June and have never been there, it will be lovely on a long simmer evening in the garden. (we're not big into pubs in geberal as I'm usually too knackered from training )

Mines a rum and coke Lucky you having this almost on your doorstep. Thanks for posting
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:44 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy

That is just gorgeous!!!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

mines a GUINNESS or two what a lovely pub,lucky you having is on your doorstep !!!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again Karim,
Thanks so much for posting those lovely pics of the steam trains, they have been my passion since a small boy, --- and they are just how I remember them, I so wish that we still had the good old steam trains operating now,
I love everything about steam trains, well when I lived in Las Vegas my nearest train station was 275 miles away, now Im back in England ---my home town of Portsmouth there are 5 train stations here within just a few miles of each other, I have only been back home now for 7 weeks but I plan on taking quite a few train journeys when it gets a little warmer, I love all trains, but just prefer the old steam trains thats all,
Take care,
And I hope you had a nice Christmas back home in France,
Rodney.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Postcards from England

A huge thank you for your encouraging comments

Karim
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hartlepool 2010 Tall Ships Race ( 09/08/10 )

The most anticipated event of my own calendar in 2010 !

Ever since I first heard of the 2010 Tall Ships Race in Hartlepool, I booked the week-end off months in advance.

I have always loved Tall Ships for as long as I can remember and the last time I saw some of these sailing giants gathered in a port was in St Malo back in the mid eighties.

Judging by the incredible popularity of this event, I was not the only one and the figures simply speak for themselves :

3 millions Visitors over three days for the largest free event of 2010 in the UK !

And was it worth of my expectations !

The Organizers of the 2010 Hartlepool Tall Ships Race had prepared everything to perfection including a perfectly readable and very attractive website which highlighted the events scheduled over the three days celebrating the Golden Age of Sailing Ships.

The race started at Anwerp in Belgium then called at Aalborg in Denmark, then Kristiansand in Norway and arrived in Hartlepool on 07th August 2010 covering a total of 998 miles.

As soon as I arrived in the specially designated parking area next to the marina, I was greeted by a forest of tall masts all dressed in the flying colors of a multitude of little flags.

And the first sight of these Sea Giants anchored together was simply breathtaking !

From the wonderful details of sculpted figureheads to the towering masts to the elegant lines of the ships, everything invited the Visitor to step back into the time of the Golden Age of Sailing Ships.

And I did step aboard a few of these magnificent vessels with their immaculate wooden decks and shiny brass.

The celebration would not have been completed without a selection of food from around the world and one could enjoy Carribbean delights while another tucked into French Crepes and the many other delicacies available in the dozens of appetizing stands.

But my time In Hartlepool was far from over as I still had to discover the Maritime Experience Museum and what an experience this has been !

The Maritime Experience is a unique concept which evolves around a recreated 18th century port completed with shops reminiscent of the era down to the smallest detail and the crown jewel of the Museum is the magnificent HMS Trincomalee, a frigate of the Napoleonic era and the oldest British warship still afloat.

The Hartlepool Maritime Experience has to be the most amazing and unforgettable of all attractions I have seen so far in the UK and I only hope that my pictures will do it justice.

Boarding the HMS Trincomalee is an experience like no other, and wandering through the delightful shops filled with artifacts of the era and even the typical sounds of an 18th century port is magical !

The cherry on the cake came in the shape of members of the Hartlepool Victorian Society which reenacted scenes of the 18th century in “Meet the Georgians”, a truly delightful experience.

Hartlepool has exceeded all expectations I had about my visit and will remain one of the finest experience I have enjoyed in my travels so far.

Karim

Karim
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Karim
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous pics Karim...please keep up the good work. I don't suppose you're stopping off in Sheffield...my home town. It's years since I've been there but it will always hold a special part in my heart.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:45 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I am stunned again by your pics Karim! I wish we already had the Star Trek teleporters as I would be there in an instant! I had not heard of this Maritime park in the UK before. Now it will be on my must-visit list when I will be back in the UK. We went to the Sydney Maritime museum the other week & thought it was good, which it is in it's own way, but looking at that historic quayside with all the old-fashioned "shoppe"s made me almost drool...I know which I'd prefer anyday! Thanks again
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Once again Karim you have shone through.

Any visits planned to Liverpool or the 'pool as we Scousers say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.