Postcards from England

Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Postcards from England

Mary Arden's Farm - Tudor Festival

Karim
Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute

Karim
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Postcards from England

Thank you so much Karim for this delightful thread, the photos of the daffodils especially made me homesick for England in the Spring, I could almost smell them. Looking forward to more, thank you for your efforts, they are very much appreciated.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
[CENTER]Welcome to London Town ( 16/04/10 )

I was especially attracted to the London Bridge which truly is a sight when approached by the river.
Great pictures, but I think you might be confusing London Bridge with Tower Bridge in post 6? London Bridge is quite plain. Tower Bridge is in the background of the picture of you in a boat with the English flag flying.

Last edited by formula; Oct 18th 2010 at 11:48 am.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAT M
Thank you so much Karim for this delightful thread, the photos of the daffodils especially made me homesick for England in the Spring, I could almost smell them. Looking forward to more, thank you for your efforts, they are very much appreciated.
Yes same here with the daffodils, there were great banks of them lining the roads where we used to live each spring.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much

I must say that Daffodils are my favorite flowers for what they represents the renaissance of Nature after a long winter

I absolutely agree with your comment with regards to Tower Bridge which name I simplified by London Bridge and I am red for making such a capital mistake

I disappear under the rug straight away

Karim
Old Oct 18th 2010, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Yours pictures are beatiful you have really captured England and made me very homesick.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Wonderful. Goosbumps from me, what lovely pictures
Karim,
I have Just finished going through all your beautiful pictures, WOW the camera that you used must be top of the line not to mention the wide angled lense, and thanks for all your words on describing your experiences, you certainly have a way with words, have you ever thought of writing a travel book all about the United Kingdom with the pictures?
Rodney.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

valspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67
Greetings from Windsor

My name is Karim, I am 43yo and I live in Windsor, Berkshire.

I am French and I have worked in hospitality for the past 22 years and my job took me to places as different as New-Zealand, Australia and Canada.

I love travelling and discovering new exciting places and learning about their History, traditions and People.

This year, I have embarked on a journey of discovery of this country which has been my second home away from France and England keeps enchanting my senses with its variety, the beauty of its scenery and the wealth of its history and traditions.

I, who used to think for so many years that excitement and emotion were about "long haul" journeys, have finally realized that beauty often lay on our very door step for us to enjoy.

I invite you to follow my tribulations as I am embarking on a journey of discovery and re-discovery of this beautiful country through these "Postcards from England"

Karim
Hi Karim,
I was reading thru the posts and usually don't reply very often but had to with yours!

I am from Windsor born and bred. I left at 24 to come to California for over 20 years been here. I also worked in hospitality for a number of years. Coincidence. I also love travelling which is why i ended up here, after going to many other countries and living and working for a while.

My life here feels like its ending and i am trying to figure out where, how etc.

I liked your post being a foreigner and falling in love with England. Sometimes i feel like a foreigner when i am there and am the only one saying positive things about it and people there lookng at me like i'm mad.

It looks like i might actually be there for Christmas which is a turn up for the books! Although the reason is not positive due to family breakdown.

So i have mixed feelings and a long, long story but i desperately need a positive experience in my life after a long time of pain.

Anyway you are in Windsor and i hopefully will be there soon!

And what are these Postcards?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

valspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond reputevalspal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valspal
Hi Karim,
I was reading thru the posts and usually don't reply very often but had to with yours!

I am from Windsor born and bred. I left at 24 to come to California for over 20 years been here. I also worked in hospitality for a number of years. Coincidence. I also love travelling which is why i ended up here, after going to many other countries and living and working for a while.

My life here feels like its ending and i am trying to figure out where, how etc.

I liked your post being a foreigner and falling in love with England. Sometimes i feel like a foreigner when i am there and am the only one saying positive things about it and people there lookng at me like i'm mad.

It looks like i might actually be there for Christmas which is a turn up for the books! Although the reason is not positive due to family breakdown.

So i have mixed feelings and a long, long story but i desperately need a positive experience in my life after a long time of pain.

Anyway you are in Windsor and i hopefully will be there soon!

And what are these Postcards?

Oh right, found the postcards. Beautiful. Another coincidence i was there 18 months ago. We stopped at Broadway on a bus tour with my lovely mum.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much for your comments which have made my day !

Have a great week-end !

Karim
Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Llandudno ( 03/06/10 )

As the UK was embracing its first days of warm weather in early June, I decided to visit a place which I knew was famous for its Victorian festival early May each year, but which was nothing but a name on a map as far as I was concerned, and was I in for a pleasant surprise indeed

Llandudno is a beautiful Victorian seaside resort located in the Conwy County of Wales, and offers amongst its many charms a breathtaking Promenade overlooking the sea and the beaches located between the Great Orme and the Little Orme.

Elegant buildings so representative of the Victorian and Edwardian area are everywhere to enjoy, and the crown jewel certainly is the majestic Grand Hotel overlooking the pier.

The beaches were boasting with life and activity and so was the crowded pier with all kinds of animations and shops and while relaxing at the end of the pier with a pint of cider in my hand to cool down the heat of this glorious day, looking at the endless sea was a moment of pure bliss.

Llandudno truly is a treasure of its own !

Here are a few pictures of my day in Llandudno ...

Llandudno viewed from the Promenade

A romantic seaside resort by excellence !

Cooling down the heat of a summer day !

The Majestic Grand Hotel overlooking the bay

Karim

Last edited by victorian67; Nov 19th 2010 at 8:42 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

View from the Pier

The Bay of Llandudno and its beaches located between the Great Orme and the Little Orme...

Karim

Last edited by victorian67; Nov 19th 2010 at 8:36 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Llandudno really feels like stepping back in time.

Wonderful pics Karim.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Karim. The pics of Bath bring back lovely memories of my visits there. I may indeed live in or around Bath when I return. (My father lived in Wells for many years)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.