Please advise?

Old Sep 26th 2012, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Vicksy G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please advise?

Hi, can anyone give me afew pointers as to what paperwork, etc I should be taking back to the UK with me next month as I'm not too sure what to put in the container & what I might need immediately? I'm leaving Oz after 11 years.
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Please advise?

Only important stuff like visas, birth certificates etc I would have thought, stuff you can't afford to lose.. Bank statements and other stuff chuck in the container.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicksy G
Hi, can anyone give me afew pointers as to what paperwork, etc I should be taking back to the UK with me next month as I'm not too sure what to put in the container & what I might need immediately? I'm leaving Oz after 11 years.
Thanks in advance

Hi Vicksy,

I have moved this to the Moving back to the Uk forum for you. You'll most likely get some more useful information here.

Good luck with your move back to the UK!
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Hi Vicksy,

I have moved this to the Moving back to the Uk forum for you. You'll most likely get some more useful information here.

Good luck with your move back to the UK!
Thank you
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Only important stuff like visas, birth certificates etc I would have thought, stuff you can't afford to lose.. Bank statements and other stuff chuck in the container.
Thanks for that
Old Sep 27th 2012, 6:05 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have time, scan as much as possible (education records, important receipts, birth certs etc) and ditch old paperwork that you don't need. I got rid of as much as possible. I didn't carry birth certs with me, but depending on your circumstances, it may be wise to do so.

I would recommend that you get a copy of your driving record from the appropriate authority and also ask your insurer or broker for your claims history for both your car and house. You may find this helpful when trying to buy insurance at this end.

I have to keep my tax returns and receipts for 7 years, but I just shipped them. I figured that even if they were destroyed enroute I could recreate them.

Keep a note of your National Insurance number and your National Health number, if you have them. Don't worry if you don't as they can usually be found on your behalf.

If you need to re-establish a credit rating in the UK, then a copy of your most recent credit history may help, but then again it may prove to be useless.

Good luck with your move.
Old Sep 27th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lf1
If you have time, scan as much as possible (education records, important receipts, birth certs etc) and ditch old paperwork that you don't need. I got rid of as much as possible. I didn't carry birth certs with me, but depending on your circumstances, it may be wise to do so.

I would recommend that you get a copy of your driving record from the appropriate authority and also ask your insurer or broker for your claims history for both your car and house. You may find this helpful when trying to buy insurance at this end.

I have to keep my tax returns and receipts for 7 years, but I just shipped them. I figured that even if they were destroyed enroute I could recreate them.

Keep a note of your National Insurance number and your National Health number, if you have them. Don't worry if you don't as they can usually be found on your behalf.

If you need to re-establish a credit rating in the UK, then a copy of your most recent credit history may help, but then again it may prove to be useless.

Good luck with your move.
Thanks so much for that If1, 'tis most helpful!!!
Cheers
Old Sep 28th 2012, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Disagree. It is a good idea to take the last 6 months of bank statements with you especially if you will want to apply for a mortgage/loan soon after arrival.
If you will be renting it can demonstrate solvency as you will fail the usual credit score checks such as electoral roll.

I would recommend a 'keep on my person folder' with plastic pocket sleeve thingies and file in it, passport, original insurance docs, recent bank statements, tax stuff, birth certs, NHS number, National Insurance Number, admin items it would be hard to replace if they were to go missing in container.

Good luck with the move.