pet travel in summer?

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 8:20 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Question pet travel in summer?

I just noticed on another thread that Scout mentioned Virgin airlines not flying pets in summer months. :scared: I thought that now since most cargo holds are climate controlled, there wouldnt be a problem. I did not think about the tarmac. I really planned on flying in August. Any experience with this? Looks like I might have to wait till October! I was hoping to during summer school holidays so the kids could start fresh. But I wont risk my dogs health though. I wonder if it would be worth driving up north to cooler temps and fly out from there?
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pet travel in summer?

Originally Posted by callë
I just noticed on another thread that Scout mentioned Virgin airlines not flying pets in summer months. :scared: I thought that now since most cargo holds are climate controlled, there wouldnt be a problem. I did not think about the tarmac. I really planned on flying in August. Any experience with this? Looks like I might have to wait till October! I was hoping to during summer school holidays so the kids could start fresh. But I wont risk my dogs health though. I wonder if it would be worth driving up north to cooler temps and fly out from there?

I asked Virgin about heading out of a northern city rather than Orlando. She told me that Virgin doesn't fly pets in the summer from any US city. period. I don't know about the other airlines but if someone does know I too would love the answer because It's a hassle to arrange our move with a 4 month blackout period.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of
Default Re: pet travel in summer?

We flew (along with our beautiful cat) with Virgin from London Heathrow to Newark, NY in early August this year.

Can't understand why Virgin would transport pets into the US over summer but not out of the US.

Not sure if this helps, but information for you anyway.

Lottie