Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

parental rights can anyone help

parental rights can anyone help

Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

kazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nice
Default Re: parental rights can anyone help

Originally Posted by Elvira
I'm also wondering whether the daughter has a separate bank account in her name only. That would be useful.

And do you ever sleep, Mr F...
no shes not got a bank account in her name, i no she gets food stamps so they do no she excists because she had to give her name when she had the child 4 years ago, plus when she 1st went i sent the cops round to make sure she wasnt been held there against her will, this is such a mess
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazzy48
no shes not got a bank account in her name, i no she gets food stamps so they do no she excists because she had to give her name when she had the child 4 years ago, plus when she 1st went i sent the cops round to make sure she wasnt been held there against her will, this is such a mess
I know it's a mess, and I feel for you. But in this kind of situation it is really, really important to keep a cool head and do things rationally.

The good thing is that there ARE charitable organizations that will be able to help your daughter. But this is going to take a while to sort out and, in the meantime, you daughter must not leave the US for any reason whatsoever.

I expect you will need to wire her funds, so she will need a bank account of her own. This is not easy without a Social Security Number, but it can be done. I would suggest Bank of America as they are known to be less anal about SSN than other banks. She should take her passport, marriage certificate, and any bills or other official documents addressed to her that can serve as proof of address. She may need to insist on speaking to someone senior as front-desk staff often insist that a SSN is required by law - which it isn't.

Last edited by Elvira; Mar 27th 2008 at 12:37 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

kazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

A link to resources in Texas:

http://www.womenslaw.org/gethelp_sta...&state_code=TX

Also, is it possible for YOU to get on that airplane on a VWP to help your daughter?
sorry if this post appears twice, i only wished i could go over and see her, but i was refused a visa under section 214b,(4 yearsa go when she was born)not tried since because her circumstances havent changed, as you know a 214b is i didn't give enough evidence to say i would return back to england, but what else i could tell them i don't know, at the time i had 3 children 2 who were dependent on me, when i went to american B E in london i told them i had a job a mortgage and 2 children who depended on me and i was going on my own and i would be returning to england, they refused me saying they would not condone my daughter seeing her family, because they asked me her name and tapped in the computer and her name come up has illegally there in usa so i only wished i could go over and see my daughter and my beautiful granddaughter who i have never given a hug too, we are in a catch 22 situation i cant go there she can come here but wouldn't be allowed back in the country, this is such a mess when you think of it, i really hope one day all this will be sorted out.

Last edited by kazzy48; Mar 27th 2008 at 12:48 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need a visa? Why not go on the VWP... visa waiver program?

Unless you are inelgible for other reasons.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Why do you need a visa? Why not go on the VWP... visa waiver program?

Unless you are inelgible for other reasons.
Probably too late now. One of the I-94W questions asks"

"Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa or entry into the U.S. or had a U.S. visa canceled?"
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably too late now. One of the I-94W questions asks"

"Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa or entry into the U.S. or had a U.S. visa canceled?"
There may be another reason why the OP needs a B.

But just being refused a visa does not prevent VWP use.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:59 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Boiler
There may be another reason why the OP needs a B.

But just being refused a visa does not prevent VWP use.
Yes, but it would mean a trip to secondary and, given the reason why the visa was refused in the first place, and the fact that she would be visiting to assist her daughter (who is here illegally...), I would not rate her chances.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

How often are people asked about the status of the people they are visiting?

Her Grand Daughter is a USC.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:40 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

btw - and this is really, really important: your daughter must not, under any circumstances, leave the US until she has sorted this out.

As she has accrued more than 3 years of illegal presence, she would be BANNED from re-entering the US for 10 years...
I'm just quoting this post because this is probably the most important thing that has been said and needs to be repeated. If your daughter leaves the US she will be BANNED from re-entering for 10 years. She will have to sort this out before departure, and have crossed the t's and dotted the i's as she will likely not be able to re-enter the US to take care of things once she has left.

I know you are probably really stressed about things, but the fact is there is help and if she does things properly, carefully, methodically, she's going to be ok. I think that is why people are strongly recommending she get some legal counsel to help her put this all together.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazzy48
i wished i could but i tried to go over when my grand daughter was born (4 yrs ago) and was refused under section 214b i went to the american embassy in london, and soon has they asked me my daughters madian name tapped it in the computer they wouldnt let me go, they said she is illegally there we will not condone her seeing her family. i cried all the way home from london iv not had the heart try again because her circumstances havent changed, mine are chaning im getting married in august so will be changing my name, but dont know if i would still be stopped from going over, as you know a 214b is not providing enough evience that you will return to england, at the time i had 3 other children 2 who were dependent on me i had a job a mortgage refrence from my job and i was still refused a visa, because my daughter was in the usa, so no is the answer i cant go, i would be there now and not on this forum if it was at all possible i long to see my daughter and formost my beautiful grand daughter who i have never hugged. Even if they dont end up splitting up she stll needs sort this mess out, we are in a catch 22 situation i cant go see her and she can come see me but would not be allowed back in the usa.
Hi:

Apply for that visa again! 214(b) is what us legal types call a "soft denial." Explain what is happening. Your daughter sinned, you did not -- and now she needs your help in straightening out. This is an emergency -- your daughter needs you. Please fight for her as best you can. Young girls can and do dumb things and sometimes, mum and dad have to help them.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Apply for that visa again! 214(b) is what us legal types call a "soft denial." Explain what is happening. Your daughter sinned, you did not -- and now she needs your help in straightening out. This is an emergency -- your daughter needs you. Please fight for her as best you can. Young girls can and do dumb things and sometimes, mum and dad have to help them.
We do not know for certain that she can not use the VWP.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:32 pm
Homebody

We do not know for certain that she can not use the VWP.
I think she stands a better chance being able to explain everything calmly to an official at the US Consulate (who are known for being as accommodating as they can be), and being granted a visa, rather than relying on an immigration officer at Secondary who may or may not be having a good day...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:54 pm
Account Closed

I think she stands a better chance being able to explain everything calmly to an official at the US Consulate (who are known for being as accommodating as they can be), and being granted a visa, rather than relying on an immigration officer at Secondary who may or may not be having a good day...
If she is able to use the VWP, what would the justification be for obtaining a B?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 3:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

If she is able to use the VWP, what would the justification be for obtaining a B?
I agree ..a "I come to visit my grandaughter for the first time"
would seem a legitamate reason for a visit ..
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:12 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch. What a tough situation all round. All the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.