Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

parental rights can anyone help

parental rights can anyone help

Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:41 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parental rights can anyone help

does she have a friend who can store stuff for her? Then slowly she needs to get her stuff together and take it to the friends. So when she leaves she can have most of her stuff with her. Im talking documents, old paperwork, sentimental items, passport, photos, list of emails addresses or phone numbers or contact details of friends and family etc. That way - if something blows up and she leaves him on the spot (or he locks her out or whatever) then she at least has access to her stuff at her friends. She could even start to build up a small stock of essential foodstuffs - not so much as he would notice the money going - but the odd can of stuff that would make it easier for her if she ended up fending for herself somewhere.

Also - get a bank account and if possible keep it secret from him. Once its open change the address to the same friends so he cant interfere with it.

Then if she instigates any processes with the legal help (like divorce, or alimony etc) he cant trash her stuff and make life even more difficult and she will have somewhere to pay money into.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:04 am
Just Joined

kazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nice

Originally Posted by MsElui
does she have a friend who can store stuff for her? Then slowly she needs to get her stuff together and take it to the friends. So when she leaves she can have most of her stuff with her. Im talking documents, old paperwork, sentimental items, passport, photos, list of emails addresses or phone numbers or contact details of friends and family etc. That way - if something blows up and she leaves him on the spot (or he locks her out or whatever) then she at least has access to her stuff at her friends. She could even start to build up a small stock of essential foodstuffs - not so much as he would notice the money going - but the odd can of stuff that would make it easier for her if she ended up fending for herself somewhere.

Also - get a bank account and if possible keep it secret from him. Once its open change the address to the same friends so he cant interfere with it.

Then if she instigates any processes with the legal help (like divorce, or alimony etc) he cant trash her stuff and make life even more difficult and she will have somewhere to pay money into.
the reason why i was refused was a driving fine over in england and because i had appeared in court in the last 12months ( 5 yrs a go now ) i thought i needed a visa, but actually when i got there they said it was only a minor matter and i didnt need a visa, it was actually when they were just about to stamp my passport they asked how long had your daughter been in usa and i sed just under 12 months when they checked her name thats when they said I couldnt go, i protested and said i hadnt done anything wrong but they said my daughter had and wasnt condoning her seeing her family, but until my daughter does something to start the ball rolling to become legal they wont take my name off the system has being refused a visa, so i dont know if
A i need one or
B i will be refused again,
my circumstances will change again because im getting married so will be settled in england so im not about to go out there to live,but i was never going go live just seen my daughter and new born grand daughter who is now 4 years old, she doesnt have any friends over there, she knows no one all but his brother who doesnt get on with her and his mother who has nothing hardley to do with her or her granddaughter, my daughter says she speaks to me more than she does her own grandma in usa,

Last edited by kazzy48; Mar 27th 2008 at 6:07 am. Reason: adding on
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:14 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

If your daughter is being actually abused by her husband, then this might be useful for adjusting her status in the US (others will be better informed about this than me): http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
"How Do I Apply for Immigration Benefits as a Battered Spouse or Child?"

Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:54 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

then get her to open a mail box and post stuff to it.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazzy48
the reason why i was refused was a driving fine over in england and because i had appeared in court in the last 12months ( 5 yrs a go now ) i thought i needed a visa, but actually when i got there they said it was only a minor matter and i didnt need a visa, it was actually when they were just about to stamp my passport they asked how long had your daughter been in usa and i sed just under 12 months when they checked her name thats when they said I couldnt go, i protested and said i hadnt done anything wrong but they said my daughter had and wasnt condoning her seeing her family, but until my daughter does something to start the ball rolling to become legal they wont take my name off the system has being refused a visa, so i dont know if
A i need one or
B i will be refused again,
my circumstances will change again because im getting married so will be settled in england so im not about to go out there to live,but i was never going go live just seen my daughter and new born grand daughter who is now 4 years old, she doesnt have any friends over there, she knows no one all but his brother who doesnt get on with her and his mother who has nothing hardley to do with her or her granddaughter, my daughter says she speaks to me more than she does her own grandma in usa,
You do not need one, being refused a visa does not mean you can not seek entry on the VWP.

But you are very likely to be quizzed, so you should be prepared.

And I know its a bit late, but never ever volunteer information. Just answer the question as directly and simply as possible.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:35 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: parental rights can anyone help

Just a thought:

I strongly suggest that if you do come over to the US to visit your daughter, go via Ireland if you fear you won't be admitted by the Port of Entry (US Immigration) officer, even if you do have a visa or try using a visa waiver. They have the *sole discretion* to admit foreigners to the US, unlike Embassy staff who issue visas.

US Immigration officers are actually based at Dublin and Shannon airports, (as well as at Canadian airports) so you are pre-cleared for entry to the US *before* flying across the Atlantic. You would of course need to get to Dublin or Shannon - but Ryanair probably has very cheap fares.

American Airlines codeshares with Aer Lingus, so you could fly to New York with on an American Airlines ticket (but on an Aer Lingus plane) then on arrival in JFK take a domestic flight down to Texas.

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?.../aerLingus.jsp (take note of the heading 'Connections and transfers' and see the Westbound paragraph.

An alternative could be to fly with Continental Airlines from Dublin or Shannon to Newark, NJ (one of the New York airports) and again taking a connecting domestic flight with Continental to Texas.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1174602AARdW9H
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

kazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nicekazzy48 is just really nice

Just like to thank everyone for all there help and advice