Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Paperwork as a returning Brit

Paperwork as a returning Brit

Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Back to UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paperwork as a returning Brit

Well folks after a 12 month period my Partner and I along with her father in law are having to return to the UK. Sadly there are a number of reasons for this, but mainly for my partner's Father - who just can't settle here.

We will be coming back to Britain via the Queen Mary 2 and was wondering apart from the customs form for our property which will follow - do we need to fill out any other forms?

I have to say now that we have made the decision to come back to Britain I am very excited about it.

We may have only lasted a year and I know how hard my Partner is finding have to return, but realises we have no choice! But I have no regrets, I am sure we will talk about returning in years to come and prehaps head to Vancouver. I guess it just was out time to be here.

Any advice regarding paperwork will be appreciated !
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork as a returning Brit

Originally Posted by Back to UK
Well folks after a 12 month period my Partner and I along with her father in law are having to return to the UK. Sadly there are a number of reasons for this, but mainly for my partner's Father - who just can't settle here.

We will be coming back to Britain via the Queen Mary 2 and was wondering apart from the customs form for our property which will follow - do we need to fill out any other forms?

I have to say now that we have made the decision to come back to Britain I am very excited about it.

We may have only lasted a year and I know how hard my Partner is finding have to return, but realises we have no choice! But I have no regrets, I am sure we will talk about returning in years to come and prehaps head to Vancouver. I guess it just was out time to be here.

As far as paperwork for returning to the UK there really isn't anything to worry about, you just show your British passport and that's it
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

What a fantastic way to return, with style!

Good luck

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Candy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura about

Hi There,

I am in the process of doing some research to return back to the UK (travel/expense/jobs/schools etc)
Can I ask why you chose to travel via Queen Mary 2 - are you shipping belongings with you too?
Thanks,
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Candy001
Hi There,

I am in the process of doing some research to return back to the UK (travel/expense/jobs/schools etc)
Can I ask why you chose to travel via Queen Mary 2 - are you shipping belongings with you too?
Thanks,
I think almost everyone who has travelled or has enquired about travelling back to the UK on the QM2 have pets. There are a few kennels on board and you can spend time with your pet during the journey. The fact that you are not restricted to the amount of luggage you take is an added bonus.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:15 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think almost everyone who has travelled or has enquired about travelling back to the UK on the QM2 have pets. There are a few kennels on board and you can spend time with your pet during the journey. The fact that you are not restricted to the amount of luggage you take is an added bonus.
So Candy, you can put OH in the dog house, and sit back with with a few G and T's and enjoy the voyage!