Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Paperwork as a returning Brit

Paperwork as a returning Brit

Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:03 pm
  #1  
Account Closed
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Back to UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paperwork as a returning Brit

Well folks after a 12 month period my Partner and I along with her father in law are having to return to the UK. Sadly there are a number of reasons for this, but mainly for my partner's Father - who just can't settle here.

We will be coming back to Britain via the Queen Mary 2 and was wondering apart from the customs form for our property which will follow - do we need to fill out any other forms?

I have to say now that we have made the decision to come back to Britain I am very excited about it.

We may have only lasted a year and I know how hard my Partner is finding have to return, but realises we have no choice! But I have no regrets, I am sure we will talk about returning in years to come and prehaps head to Vancouver. I guess it just was out time to be here.

Any advice regarding paperwork will be appreciated !
Back to UK is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:03 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Elaine B.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: NI (back from Toronto)
Posts: 3,409
Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork as a returning Brit

Originally Posted by Back to UK
Well folks after a 12 month period my Partner and I along with her father in law are having to return to the UK. Sadly there are a number of reasons for this, but mainly for my partner's Father - who just can't settle here.

We will be coming back to Britain via the Queen Mary 2 and was wondering apart from the customs form for our property which will follow - do we need to fill out any other forms?

I have to say now that we have made the decision to come back to Britain I am very excited about it.

We may have only lasted a year and I know how hard my Partner is finding have to return, but realises we have no choice! But I have no regrets, I am sure we will talk about returning in years to come and prehaps head to Vancouver. I guess it just was out time to be here.

Any advice regarding paperwork will be appreciated !
As far as paperwork for returning to the UK there really isn't anything to worry about, you just show your British passport and that's it
Elaine B. is offline  
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:05 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
IRONS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: South Australia
Posts: 88
IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Paperwork as a returning Brit

Originally Posted by Back to UK
Well folks after a 12 month period my Partner and I along with her father in law are having to return to the UK. Sadly there are a number of reasons for this, but mainly for my partner's Father - who just can't settle here.

We will be coming back to Britain via the Queen Mary 2 and was wondering apart from the customs form for our property which will follow - do we need to fill out any other forms?

I have to say now that we have made the decision to come back to Britain I am very excited about it.

We may have only lasted a year and I know how hard my Partner is finding have to return, but realises we have no choice! But I have no regrets, I am sure we will talk about returning in years to come and prehaps head to Vancouver. I guess it just was out time to be here.

Any advice regarding paperwork will be appreciated !
What a fantastic way to return, with style!

Good luck

IRONS is offline  
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 11:22 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 37
Candy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Paperwork as a returning Brit

Originally Posted by Back to UK
Well folks after a 12 month period my Partner and I along with her father in law are having to return to the UK. Sadly there are a number of reasons for this, but mainly for my partner's Father - who just can't settle here.

We will be coming back to Britain via the Queen Mary 2 and was wondering apart from the customs form for our property which will follow - do we need to fill out any other forms?

I have to say now that we have made the decision to come back to Britain I am very excited about it.

We may have only lasted a year and I know how hard my Partner is finding have to return, but realises we have no choice! But I have no regrets, I am sure we will talk about returning in years to come and prehaps head to Vancouver. I guess it just was out time to be here.

Any advice regarding paperwork will be appreciated !
Hi There,

I am in the process of doing some research to return back to the UK (travel/expense/jobs/schools etc)
Can I ask why you chose to travel via Queen Mary 2 - are you shipping belongings with you too?
Thanks,
Candy001 is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:07 am
  #5  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,065
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork as a returning Brit

Originally Posted by Candy001
Hi There,

I am in the process of doing some research to return back to the UK (travel/expense/jobs/schools etc)
Can I ask why you chose to travel via Queen Mary 2 - are you shipping belongings with you too?
Thanks,
I think almost everyone who has travelled or has enquired about travelling back to the UK on the QM2 have pets. There are a few kennels on board and you can spend time with your pet during the journey. The fact that you are not restricted to the amount of luggage you take is an added bonus.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:15 am
  #6  
In the pink
 
Mallory's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,324
Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paperwork as a returning Brit

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think almost everyone who has travelled or has enquired about travelling back to the UK on the QM2 have pets. There are a few kennels on board and you can spend time with your pet during the journey. The fact that you are not restricted to the amount of luggage you take is an added bonus.
So Candy, you can put OH in the dog house, and sit back with with a few G and T's and enjoy the voyage!
Mallory is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.