Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Overwhelmed by moving list

Overwhelmed by moving list

Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:44 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overwhelmed by moving list

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Dunroving - I hear that you returned to the UK before getting your citizenship. Don't know the circumstances, but if you did have a choice, do you regret not getting the citizenship first? If so, is that only because you now want to return?

Thanks!
I didn't even have a Green Card. 22 years on work permits/visas in the Bahamas (7 years of yearly work permits), and then States (6 years student visas then 3.5 years and 5.5 years on an H-1B).

TBH, I just didn't get around to getting a GC (which I did get an assessment for by our immigration person and was eminently eligible for), because a) I was always so horrendously busy in my job and b) I'm a useless procrastinator. Or I could just blame it on the dog (always wanting to go for a walk, so I never had time to fill in the paperwork).

And yes I do regret it because of the loss of flexibility (i.e., if I get back I have to go through about 6+ years of H-1B/GC/USC).

Last edited by dunroving; Jul 30th 2010 at 8:47 am.