Over confident

Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Over confident

Last night I went to the pub with my sister and played a few games of pool. After a while 2 blokes came over and played doubles with us - we lost
Soon we sat down and got chatting I explained that I was very happily married but my sister was a single Mum. As the evening progressed I got stuck into a conversation with the older guy about Singapore and other countries that he had been to. Suddenly the other bloke became sullen, knocking back the drinks then started accusing me of being over confident! I hadn't even spoken with him. I was shocked. Does holding a conversation with someone who is well travelled relate to being over confident or is there jealousy in those who haven't travelled. Do any other returners feel more confident since living abroad?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Over confident

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Last night I went to the pub with my sister and played a few games of pool. After a while 2 blokes came over and played doubles with us - we lost
Soon we sat down and got chatting I explained that I was very happily married but my sister was a single Mum. As the evening progressed I got stuck into a conversation with the older guy about Singapore and other countries that he had been to. Suddenly the other bloke became sullen, knocking back the drinks then started accusing me of being over confident! I hadn't even spoken with him. I was shocked. Does holding a conversation with someone who is well travelled relate to being over confident or is there jealousy in those who haven't travelled. Do any other returners feel more confident since living abroad?
Don't worry, he was probably green with envy!

Some blokes are just plain weird when drinking.

But when i do go back home, i'm sure i will feel more confident and will shout it from the roof tops

Last edited by Nomore; Feb 21st 2007 at 10:00 am. Reason: missed out something
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:59 pm
on my way home :)

leeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud of

I thought it was only men that got overly confident when they were drinking

Sounds to me like he was jealous that you were talking and getting on with the other guy and not talking to him. Maybe he has only ever been to skegness and was p****d off that he couldnt contribute anywhere exciting that he had been to the conversation

Will let you know when I get back whether or not I rediscover the confidence lost
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

I've definitely found that some have been jealous & "had a problem" with me having travelled a bit. And I promise it was only mentioned in passing conversation. It has become worse as I've become older - ie: those people who are the same age as me now (37), with kids, mortgage and never gone further than bognor/blackpool/benidorm (in no particular order & anywhere close to uk would have done really! No offence meant.)
So don't take it personally. It does happen
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

omg sounds like a temper tantrum coz you'd pinched his best mate and could actually hold a conversation by the sounds of things...
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TruBrit
omg sounds like a temper tantrum coz you'd pinched his best mate and could actually hold a conversation by the sounds of things...
oh yeah..& there's always that
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

when they ask ' why did u come back to this 'shitole' I always say have you lived abroad before. all say NO. winds em up a treat . then we have a decent chat