Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by bandrui
25% North. Around London apparently. I would probably be on the South Coast but I know what an oatcake is... rellies in Stoke-on-Trent.
The only thing that up-ticked me on the scale was the fact that I would chat with someone on the bus
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Here is a fun game to play http://toys.usvsth3m.com/north-o-meter/

not sure if it will come up on here-

I hover way down South - just above IOW - tells me something
They said Im 10% northern and they put me around Bournmouth, how far is that from Portsmouth? I said an oat cake was like porridge I really didn't have a clue really, but had to click on something.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 10:50 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
They said Im 10% northern and they put me around Bournmouth, how far is that from Portsmouth? I said an oat cake was like porridge I really didn't have a clue really, but had to click on something.
53 miles by road..
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, its me Charleygirl that was! Sorry not been here for some time..just had a quick read of a few posts.. I hope everyone is well. Those that remember me will know i moved back to UK 2 years ago now.. its been great and I have no complaints about anything..not really. I have had to have some Physical therapy to my neck and the service I got was great and very fast.. got in 5 days after I went to docs.. I have no complaints at all about NHS even though I live in a big city with big Hospital, no complaints and my mum got fantastic care all the time..

My reason for being here though is to let all who know me know that I am moving back to the USA, I go on Dec 5th, not an easy or happy choice in many ways. I would love to be able to stay here but I have 3 children who although 21 x2 and 22, so not exactly young, we have all had a hard time of missing each other.
I am very scared about going back.. life here has just got easier for me, I get my pension and a small private pension so was only working 15 hours a week. I will be going back to full time and with lots of challenges I guess. But I am glad I did this and have had a wonderful two years although filled many times with sadness at the difficulties it brought my children.
I think I will have more time when I am back there to read on here and get caught up.

I wish you all well and may your dreams come true!!
Old Nov 12th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Lestergirl/Charleygirl,

Lovely to hear from you and get an update. I wish you all good things for your return to the US.

I'm sorry that you have been torn between the two worlds of the UK and US. I can understand how strong the pull is to be near your children. Please keep updating and letting us know how the move back goes.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Denise
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Here is a fun game to play http://toys.usvsth3m.com/north-o-meter/

not sure if it will come up on here-

I hover way down South - just above IOW - tells me something
Hull and I was real happy about that, cos I'm proud to be from the North...

Gravy on my Chips of course, at one time Id have a slice of bread to mop up the gravy too, that was long ago, we dont do that these days.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lestergirl
Hi everyone, its me Charleygirl that was! Sorry not been here for some time..just had a quick read of a few posts.. I hope everyone is well. Those that remember me will know i moved back to UK 2 years ago now.. its been great and I have no complaints about anything..not really. I have had to have some Physical therapy to my neck and the service I got was great and very fast.. got in 5 days after I went to docs.. I have no complaints at all about NHS even though I live in a big city with big Hospital, no complaints and my mum got fantastic care all the time..

My reason for being here though is to let all who know me know that I am moving back to the USA, I go on Dec 5th, not an easy or happy choice in many ways. I would love to be able to stay here but I have 3 children who although 21 x2 and 22, so not exactly young, we have all had a hard time of missing each other.
I am very scared about going back.. life here has just got easier for me, I get my pension and a small private pension so was only working 15 hours a week. I will be going back to full time and with lots of challenges I guess. But I am glad I did this and have had a wonderful two years although filled many times with sadness at the difficulties it brought my children.
I think I will have more time when I am back there to read on here and get caught up.

I wish you all well and may your dreams come true!!

Thanks for the update Denise, I know its been a struggle always being torn between both places, hopefully things will be better this time, you never know what the future holds.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:55 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56

Gravy on my Chips of course, at one time Id have a slice of bread to mop up the gravy too, that was long ago, we dont do that these days.
Now you lick it straight off the plate.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

and I'll bet penny to the pound that as a child you licked your plate?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 6:47 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
What do you mean, as a child? My whole life! I lick the kinfe too. So uncultured but so much fun.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
Now you lick it straight off the plate.
That was a long time ago too, I'm all grown up now, well sort of...
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by not2old
Course I did, I bet you did too, its time to confess... lol
Old Nov 12th 2013, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

What do you mean, as a child? My whole life! I lick the kinfe too. So uncultured but so much fun.
Oh the knife, I reckon everybody does that dont they? usually with cake...
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:35 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Course I did, I bet you did too, its time to confess... lol
I still do - my wife & grown kids think that I am totally uncultured ... being from up North, rightly so - waste not, wot not, I say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.