Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Dec 28th 2012, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Nice.
+ a generous "Merry Christmas " of Absolut :-)
Old Dec 28th 2012, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Yes refrigeration is a must as its best served chilled. And your right, the color of eggnog is very near the shade of egg yolk. Here in the States it's sold from early december till a few days past New Years day.
I've never refrigerated it - still don't - and never heard of my friends doing so either!
Old Dec 28th 2012, 8:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
I've never refrigerated it - still don't - and never heard of my friends doing so either!
Would say on the bottle if it needed to be refrigerated. The only spirit that AFAIK tastes better cold is vodka, and that really needs to beek kept at freezer temperatures, BUT you do need to ensure that it is at least 40% otherwise it will freeze. Freezer temp vodka is just soooo smooth and wonderful. Learnt that tip while in Russia as it is their preferred method of storage.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Stolichnaya" straight from the freezer ! And I have been sober for 22 years but I still remember that one !

Last edited by scot47; Dec 28th 2012 at 5:12 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New year to all my old friends on here... I hope everyone is well and happy and still striving to achieve their dreams.

Cheers you ask about barb, she had a surprise visit from her son on Christmas Eve, all the way from Aus!!

I think of you all often
Denise
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Happy New year to all my old friends on here... I hope everyone is well and happy and still striving to achieve their dreams.

Cheers you ask about barb, she had a surprise visit from her son on Christmas Eve, all the way from Aus!!

I think of you all often
Denise
Are you able to give us a personal update on your life?
Me..? Divorce has become somewhat ugly. No fighting because I know no one wins. Desperate people do desperate things. We are still friends (even went to Les Mis today together). The moral issue....versus Texas community law. Sad and very stressful times. I am not a lawyer (he is) he is kind but.......?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

The forum is quite dead at the moment and part of the reason is many of our group are posting directly to each other I think.
Will the last person to post please turn out the light.

A very happy new year to those of you who are still around.

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2012, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
The forum is quite dead at the moment and part of the reason is many of our group are posting directly to each other I think.
Will the last person to post please turn out the light.

A very happy new year to those of you who are still around.

Cheers
Hey Cheers, Happy New Year, hope Santa's been good to you. All well here just wish it would stop bloody raining - it's been days since I've seen proper daylight. I know it's winter and all but perhaps you could tell me what the sun looks like? Ok that's it rant over, I'll go back to lurking. Happy 2013 to all!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
Hey Cheers, Happy New Year, hope Santa's been good to you. All well here just wish it would stop bloody raining - it's been days since I've seen proper daylight. I know it's winter and all but perhaps you could tell me what the sun looks like? Ok that's it rant over, I'll go back to lurking. Happy 2013 to all!
Rain is music to my ears.
Santa was very good to me. One item was a movie camera, or is it a video camera. I think I was given it for our trip to England this year.
I peaked at a birthday present and my daughter got me a Susie Ormon document file. I think it is a hint to get my will written up. She says she can't say anything because she hasn't done her own will yet.

So how are things going for you?

Again, a 'appy New Year to you.

Cheers
Old Jan 1st 2013, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
curleytops a happy new year to you too, yes your right even in the early afternoon you have to have the light on sometimes in the winter, the rain is good though dont think I will ever get tired of it!!!!!

cheers a very happy and healthy new year to you and your lovely wife too,
I wish everything good for you to happen in 2013, if its to return to the U.K. then so be it, if not -----

trotty I hope you have a wonderful new year and in fact the best on ever, and I am so keeping my fingers crossed for it to happen for you in 2013, to finally come home to your birthplace, ----- but if not then at least live every day to the full with your hubby and your whole family, and lots of real love goes out from me to you and your whole family, I mean that!!!!!

Don, you and Tippawan have become very goods friends of mine, I dont have more then four friends in my life ----- (period) and two of them are long term really great friends, both American living in America, and the other two are you Don and your wife, you invited me into your home last year for a three day stay, and you have no idea how much that meant to me,
I love Shopshire, real people there, no bullshit people, thats the people I love,

Barb thanks for all your posts ---- and thanks for all the great advice and support you have given me over the years on this thread, I love you,

Rosie thanks for all the pictures, they really all were fab!!!! and you have been a real good sport, and thanks for all your great posts and help!!!!

MITF, your a young lass but full of wisdom beyond your 50 plus years, great posts and wonderful advice and knowledge,

Fish my very good friend, your posts have been an inspiration to me to say the least, we agree on so many things, its like we are Brothers, everything good goes out from me to you and your lovely wife, and I know for sure you will both be back in England one day where you truly want to be,

Sally, you and I are very much on the same level of thinking too, the biggest delight for me is that finally I am away from all that religious bull shit thats always in your face in America, all those false money making hippocrates that are called evangelists ---- who make hundreds of millions of dollars on TV,

I could go on and on recalling so many people that have been an absolute delight and honor to have met on this thread but it would take me forever, there were so so many of us when this thread started,

And please forgive me everyone that tI have not mentioned, but I love you all and you know who you are ---- all you wonderful people out there who has helped me so much, and charleygirl and that lovely Woman in Malta, are you still there?

And Jackie that came home for 6 months then found it did not work out for her and decided to return to her ----- and my old home town Las Vegas, Jackie I so hope everything worked out for you, and I so hope that your health is now good!!! and that you are happy, wish you would post again!!!!

And John & June, thank you for meeting me in my home town in Portsmouth, it was great meeting both of you, and I hope to visit you in your town one day,

Denise one and two, daffy duck, dunroving, and those two cool guys who left Canada and bought a B & B in Cornwall, my memory is fading for a name sorry but please post an update!!!!

And lastly my biggest inspiration ------- easterndawn (pegie) who was taken from Scotland by her parents to Canada when she was a child, was raised in Canada and lived most of her life there, but about 3 years ago after I think 42 years living in Canada decided to return to her birthplace, on her own, going it alone without her Husband and two lovely dogs that she left in Canada, they were all going to follow her back home as soon as the house was sold in Canada, she went through 3 or 4 Jobs she couldn't find the right one, one was a very bad company from hell, I would love to know how this very gutsy lady ended up, did her hubby and dogs finally make it back to Scotland to join her? I would love to know, ----- does anyone know? ---- all her posts from the start were like from a non fiction novel, the trials and absolute hell this Woman was put through in Scotland were terrible, but throughout it all she was so brave, even after going through a bad depression when everything seemed an impossible dream,

I wish everyone a very HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR, wherever you are in this wonderful world !!!
Loads of Love Rodney. and thank you ----- one and all!!!!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 4:55 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New year to all my Britishexpat friends.
that 2013 will be the year that many of us get to move to UK.
that those who moved already have a wonderful year and are settling well.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:16 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to all BE members and may 2013 be the year when we see our new year's resolutions accomplished. May you lose that extra 20 lbs or gain that 5 lbs of muscle mass or maybe just take that dream vacation you've always dreamt of doing. One of my wishes is that the world economy improves so that more people can find full time work. I see news about Spain and I wonder how are those people surviving in an economy with nearly 30% unemployment. Shocking!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:53 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year. Best wishes to all for 2013 and I hope those still waiting to come home can do so this year.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasper123
Don, you and Tippawan have become very goods friends of mine, I dont have more then four friends in my life ----- (period) and two of them are long term really great friends, both American living in America, and the other two are you Don and your wife, you invited me into your home last year for a three day stay, and you have no idea how much that meant to me,
I love Shopshire, real people there, no bullshit people, thats the people I love,!!!!
Happy New Year to you Rodney & Mom.
Shame you were not here - we went to an early Holiday Party of Thai Spouses. - They were all stunners, and I am sure you would have relived your youth!
Anyway - Seasonal Greetings to all, on BE (including Louise - Peigi - Jackie - Barb - Tina - Rosie - Denise1/2/3 - trish & Avril) - And lets us hope all those dreams come to fruition! Love from Don & Tim
Old Jan 1st 2013, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

On this first day of 2013, the sun is shining through a pale blue sky into my sitting room window, certainly a change from all the rain in 2012 and the constant drab skies. Thus I must get dressed and walk to the harbour, marina and seafront, and enjoy the New Year gift.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.