Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:55 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by curleytops
It's not the sports I have to worry about its the non-stop yakking through Corrie and Downton (sometimes) that gets me all riled....however this place we're looking at has a double garage with workshop area so I can always lock him in there
Does your OH not know that he is committing a serious offence and criminal charges could be laid against him?

That double garage sounds like the perfect man cave.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 3:59 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I know what you mean..........find myself doing the same thing.
After reading Curleytops' post about her OH yakking during Corrie and Downton, I realize that my problems are minor.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:05 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well done...it worked perfectly. It's a nice little feature.

Spoiler:
I hadn't thought of that...but you could be right about his cell mate.
Oh, this hidden spoiler feature is great! Now, is anyone willing to give a synopsis of the show? I am utterly addicted!

I will be trying to get it with expat shield or the other one that was recommended later when I am on my computer. Meanwhile, it would be great to hear what's new in this first episode.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:09 pm
Banned

sile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nicesile is just really nice

All you Downton fans...you will probably really enjoy two send-ups of Downton by Jimmy Fallon that were on his show here. You can find them on YouTube. Just type in "Jimmy Fallon Downton Sixbey" .
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Does your OH not know that he is committing a serious offence and criminal charges could be laid against him?

That double garage sounds like the perfect man cave.
He realizes that he has a serious problem and to his credit has made significant progress in overcoming this disorder over the past couple of years, in other words for the most part he's learned to belt up. Oh and what's more, the man cave apparently has its own loo! I'm thinking this house might definitely be the one!

Last edited by curleytops; Sep 17th 2012 at 4:14 pm. Reason: addition
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:27 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

My husband isn't a problem that way - he's happy to leave the room when my shows come on. He goes and reads in the bedroom ... anything rather than watch Downton Abbey

sile, just go to google.co.uk then type in Downton Abbey.

I must say that

Spoiler:
I loved how they handled the wedding. Not too sappy, not showing too much, and just the right amount of humor. The scene behind the door was wonderful and I loved Matthew being all flirty with Mary - such fun to see after their angsty past.

I was never a fan of the chauffeur character in prior seasons, but I thought he was fabulous last night and really brought a lot to the show.

I think prison suits Mr Bates - he looks quite handsome these days!

Last edited by sallysimmons; Sep 17th 2012 at 4:31 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Sally
Funny I don't see any spoiler icons on your last post but the tags and text show up in the "quote"
Spoiler:
I had to chuckle over Violet and Isobel joining forces to ambush the chauffer into getting fitted for a morning suit. In the end he did as he was told. I noticed Bates was looking pretty good in prison myself and was wondering if he'd lost weight? If last night's episode is anything to go by, I think we are in for a real treat with season 3.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
My husband isn't a problem that way - he's happy to leave the room when my shows come on. He goes and reads in the bedroom ... anything rather than watch Downton Abbey

sile, just go to google.co.uk then type in Downton Abbey.

I must say that

Spoiler:
I loved how they handled the wedding. Not too sappy, not showing too much, and just the right amount of humor. The scene behind the door was wonderful and I loved Matthew being all flirty with Mary - such fun to see after their angsty past.

I was never a fan of the chauffeur character in prior seasons, but I thought he was fabulous last night and really brought a lot to the show.

I think prison suits Mr Bates - he looks quite handsome these days!
Oh I can hardly wait to see it!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:58 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by curleytops
He realizes that he has a serious problem and to his credit has made significant progress in overcoming this disorder over the past couple of years, in other words for the most part he's learned to belt up. Oh and what's more, the man cave apparently has its own loo! I'm thinking this house might definitely be the one!

That sounds like a dream home, a man cave with a loo! I'd better not tell OH or he will want one too. Snap it up!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:08 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

This recent discussion about watching TV and OHs just reminded me of when OH and I first moved in together, many moons ago. He had never watched Corrie and could not believe that I would watch such rubbish. Anyway, fast forward a few months and he would be calling me to remind me not to watch Corrie until he got home! His high brow telly halo didn't take long to slip!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:09 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sile
All you Downton fans...you will probably really enjoy two send-ups of Downton by Jimmy Fallon that were on his show here. You can find them on YouTube. Just type in "Jimmy Fallon Downton Sixbey" .
Thanks Sile. I'll have to have a look at that when I get the chance.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lf1
Thanks Sile. I'll have to have a look at that when I get the chance.
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it. There are two parts....
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Vikingsail, is it easy to hook up HDMI cable to TV? My bloody cable bill just went up to 60 bucks and I don't even get premium channels like HBO! I want to get rid of cable and just be able to view UK channels and local US ones. The commercials in the US drive me crazy anyway.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Fulwood, if its a newish tv it should have an hdmi connection. Ours that we bought five years ago did. I ran a cable from the back of my computer to the television and also plugged in a cable for sound and it worked a treat.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fulwood
Vikingsail, is it easy to hook up HDMI cable to TV? My bloody cable bill just went up to 60 bucks and I don't even get premium channels like HBO! I want to get rid of cable and just be able to view UK channels and local US ones. The commercials in the US drive me crazy anyway.
Did you know that you hook up a good antenna to your tv and get a LOT of channels, including your locals, in HD? Then you can dump cable, get Netflix for movies and /or whatever else you want. I have done it. I bought a great, small, flat antenna from Amazon and it works really well. You may actually be able to get more PBS stations with the antenna than you can on cable, depending on how may PBS stations broadcast near you.

Last edited by sile; Sep 17th 2012 at 7:52 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.