Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 9:34 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Going to attempt a photo of me with my certificate.

You look so happy with your new US Citizenship! Congratulations again!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:02 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Attachment 97779

I'm much more handsome that this

Cheers
You are just asking for trouble now posting your pic on a forum full of single ladies. Tell Mrs Cheers to watch her step LOL!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:04 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Charleygirl, a lovely big smile and a scarf bought in the UK I believe!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:06 am
Home Sweet Home

Just experimenting and following Don and Charliegirl on posting pictures.
Looks like it worked
Thanks.
Lot of work.
Is there any reason you have a white cat on your shoulder? LOL!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 3:38 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Big congrats to you charleygirl, well done
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

This is my son and grandchildren December 17, 2010
Because of scheduling we had to open z pres early.
Merry Christmas,
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-dscf0011.jpg  
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

A very Merry Christmas to all over 50's & 60's who have or are moving back

From
Cheers

Our front door
Attached Thumbnails Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-img_0035.jpg  
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 7:45 pm
Home Sweet Home

This is my son and grandchildren December 17, 2010
Because of scheduling we had to open z pres early.
Merry Christmas,
Cheers
Lovely grand-children Cheers and all so young they must keep you and Mrs Cheers on your toes!!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 8:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

It is Christmas Eve here already in Australia.

So.........

WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS WHEREVER YOU ARE AND HOPING YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE TO GET TO WHEREVER YOU WANT TO GET TO IN THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND.

HERE'S HOPING 2011 IS THE YEAR THAT EVERYBODY ON THIS GREAT THREAD GETS TO HAVE THEIR WISHES COME TRUE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY HO! HO! HO!

I'm Driving Home For Christmas - no crying now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcbQ...eature=related

Last edited by Beedubya; Dec 23rd 2010 at 8:06 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:17 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
It is Christmas Eve here already in Australia.

So.........

WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS WHEREVER YOU ARE AND HOPING YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE TO GET TO WHEREVER YOU WANT TO GET TO IN THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND.

HERE'S HOPING 2011 IS THE YEAR THAT EVERYBODY ON THIS GREAT THREAD GETS TO HAVE THEIR WISHES COME TRUE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY HO! HO! HO!

I'm Driving Home For Christmas - no crying now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcbQ...eature=related

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS, AND MAY ALL OF YOUR WISHES COME TRUE..
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:06 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone from totally tropical Singapore!

Going completely off topic, but just wanted to share this with you:

Last night we went out for dinner with two other expat couples (my spouse is in a really small office with just two colleagues, so we had a Christmas get-together with the husbands and wives).

We went to a lovely old 'Black and White' colonial house on a hill at Fort Canning, which many many years ago was the Fire Chief's residence. It's beautifully decorated for Christmas.

http://www.flutes.com.sg (I'd love to live in a "Black and White" - they are very sought after amongst the expat community, but I do worry about the snakes which often appear as the houses are all surrounded by lush vegetation....

Well, after a little while a handsome young Chinese man sitting at a nearby table got up and returned with a guitar and sang this song to his girlfriend:

There was a bottle of plonk in a wine cooler next to the young lady......I said to our friends 'Hey, it looks like he's going to propose!" At the end of the song, he got down on one knee and pulled out a box containing an engagement ring....and then announced to all of us onlookers..."She said yes!" so we all cheered... and my husband took a photo of their special moment to forward to them. It's the second time I've seen young Singaporeans serenading their girlfriends with guitars and then proposing to them. So romantic!

(However, one of our friends noticed that at two seperate tables behind where I was sitting, two Chinese women burst into tears and stormed off within minutes of each other. I do wonder if they were mistresses getting the news that their lovers weren't going to spend the Christmas holidays with them.....!)

Last edited by Englishmum; Dec 24th 2010 at 1:17 am.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Hello everyone from totally tropical Singapore!

Going completely off topic, but just wanted to share this with you:

Last night we went out for dinner with two other expat couples (my spouse is in a really small office with just two colleagues, so we had a Christmas get-together with the husbands and wives).

We went to a lovely old 'Black and White' colonial house, which many many years ago was the Fire Chief's residence. It's beautifully decorated for Christmas.

http://www.flutes.com.sg

Well, after a little while a handsome young Chinese man got up and returned with a guitar and sang this song to his girlfriend:

Looks lovely..
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:10 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

That song is one of my guilty pleasures. Love it!

Happy holidays everyone. May we all find what we're looking for in the new year.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
That song is one of my guilty pleasures. Love it!

Happy holidays everyone. May we all find what we're looking for in the new year.
Yes, I like it too..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.