Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by cheers
Sorry to read a Red Arrow pilot was killed today while performing over Bournemouth.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-display.html

As I'm typing I hear on the TV that Gadaffi is surrounded by rebels in Tripoli. He is shifty like a fox.??? The end is near.
Whatever, and whoever says Gadaffi is a rebel, has not studied the man. He is to be admired. A very intelligent guy, a politian with the right ideas. And - all my friends agree. NOW- has that put the cat amongst the pigeons?
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

To all those who responded to my email. I have made the decision not to go this September. My brother is part of the reason but also there are many others. It just doesn't seem the right time. I will be going though next year as if not I will lose the money spent on the ticket. I am fine with my decision at this time..
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
To all those who responded to my email. I have made the decision not to go this September. My brother is part of the reason but also there are many others. It just doesn't seem the right time. I will be going though next year as if not I will lose the money spent on the ticket. I am fine with my decision at this time..
I am so sorry - but you have to do what you feel is best. I am planning on going back in September 2012 - will be in Scotland, N Ireland and England (Cheshire). Maybe if you're anywhere near where I'll be we can meet up for a cuppa!!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
You must go when the time feels right.......and without losing any money this gives you more time to plan a super trip :-)
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Earthquake in the USA today: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 7:43 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Wow!! I hope all our American friends and their families are all OK?????
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:07 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Wow!! I hope all our American friends and their families are all OK?????
I didn't feel a thing
The news said they felt it from Washington DC to New york city that is a huge area.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 8:55 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I didn't feel a thing
The news said they felt it from Washington DC to New york city that is a huge area.
Our house had quite a shake in the southeast USA. Came all the way down the eastern seaboard to the Carolinas.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Our house had quite a shake in the southeast USA. Came all the way down the eastern seaboard to the Carolinas.
This is so unusual for the east coast to experience something like this, hope everyone is ok, I'm sure the panic brought back terrible memories to the people of New York, after 9/11 last thing they need
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:44 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Just like me - I felt it but had no idea what it was until later when I heard the news.

My desk started wobbling but I just thought I had leaned on it funny and made a mental note to have my husband look at the legs. Turns out it was an earthquake. Oh well - at least my desk doesn't need fixing
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:47 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link to Lakelandcam cheers. Don't know if you know, but at the bottom of the page there's a link to see all the week's photos. I really think this last 7 days has been one of his best.

http://www.lakelandcam.co.uk/this_week/thisweek.html

I'll be there in 8 days!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 9:52 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Thanks for the link to Lakelandcam cheers. Don't know if you know, but at the bottom of the page there's a link to see all the week's photos. I really think this last 7 days has been one of his best.

OMG this is so beautiful!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:29 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Lovely, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
I forgot to ask my Mum what it was like, she went to the lake district on Sunday.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:40 am
Finally Home!

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG this is so beautiful!!!
Isn't it?

The guy who runs the site is a retired postman. Every day he gets up early and goes out for a hike with his dog and every single day he posts photos. I've been following for 3 years and I've never known him to miss a day.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Sallysimmons...Lovely photo's.

Fulwood....You do what you feel in your heart you have to do and its not that long till next year.

Derrygal....Perhaps we could all meet up next year. I can go stay with my friend in Chester.

I thought I would give you all a little laugh. I was going over the plans for the next couple of weeks with my husband, does anyone see a flaw in my plans.

30th August house signing.Cant stop smiling..............

3rd September...Garage Sale

10th September Salvation Army do pickup of all furniture not sold. Dressers tables lamps clothes beds chairs and left overs from garage sale.

16th September...Movers come.

19th September move into rental.

Oh Dear What do we sleep on from the 10th to 19th

: Sleep on a bed of happiness:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.