Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old May 2nd 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Well Windsong. How very out of date you are. Who Does that? Not seen anyone do that for, lets see, 40 years. My second Wife never did it, and this one, would not even recognise a scrubbing brush, if I put it in her hand.! Don PS.. How old did you say you were? Only joking.
Ha ha ha! Sometimes you still have to get down on those knees to go in the corners lol!

Honestly, though, William and Kate must have a cleaning lady - surely! No?
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Does anybody think it co-incidental that the newlyweds changed their honeymoon plans before anybody had been told about Bin Laden like they were pre-warned or am I getting suspicious in my old age LOL!!
Suspicion is allowed

A lot of things go on behind the scenes that the public isn't told of until after the event, or indeed never. As things stand, the newlyweds will be able to honeymoon later when they choose, and have less risk of being tracked.
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Suspicion is allowed

A lot of things go on behind the scenes that the public isn't told of until after the event, or indeed never. As things stand, the newlyweds will be able to honeymoon later when they choose, and have less risk of being tracked.
Indeed a big advantage.

There were enough things going on in the Middle East (incl Libya) already for there to be security concerns. You don't endear yourself to a country by taking out a son of the ruler and their family and by making it look like you intended to assassinate their ruler, even if he is despised by many of his citizens.

I think they might have had plans to honeymoon in the Middle East.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; May 2nd 2011 at 1:14 pm.
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Hard to believe her Mum is 56. Apparently they all went on the Dukan diet to lose weight for the wedding. I actually think Kate is a little too thin.

You can never be too thin or too rich
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:07 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
He had been dead a few days before it was announced so the I think the chance of a link here is strong, Bee.
Not so. He was killed at 4pm US time yesterday. It was announced at around 11.30PM the same day.
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Not so. He was killed at 4pm US time yesterday. It was announced at around 11.30PM the same day.
Hmmm . . . I read on one of the major websites they had known for a few days. You can never be sure what the truth is anyway, though.
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:27 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

The president ordered the operation on Friday April 29th so perhaps that's what you're thinking of.

Not sure which website is reporting he was killed days ago, but it's not true. He wasn't killed until Sunday afternoon.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aries
Suspicion is allowed

Plans are for California, We are told. Don ( Not the one in England!)
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:36 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
You can never be too thin or too rich

Thank you Wallis Simpson.
Old May 2nd 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

I took a coach tour of the Welsh Hills yesterday - went to Brecon and the Brecon Beacons. Superb countryside, lots of sheep and lambs. Sad mining towns dotted the area - faceless, no soul to them. It must be hard to live there, especially in the winter. It was lovely to hear the lilt to the accent, and listen to Welsh being spoken and see road signs and all printed material in both languages. Sometimes the Welsh was above the English on the street signs, sometimes not. My travelling companions were a mixed bunch - the local gossip sat next to me and regaled the bus with stories about people in her town (thankfully not Frome). The coach goes somewhere different each week, so I may go to Devon with them soon - only £12.50 return, door to door. I only took a few photos, which I will post later on today.
Old May 2nd 2011, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

IslandWoman210 - When I go to England for visits one of my great joys is taking National Express and coach tours for a day or to see our wonderful country. My friends sometimes work whilst I am visting so on my todd during the day. So I try and see places - last time saw Durham - it's the one that stands out in my mind.. Enjoy your journeys..
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Wales coach tour:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7626507011803/
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:56 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I took a coach tour of the Welsh Hills yesterday - went to Brecon and the Brecon Beacons. Superb countryside, lots of sheep and lambs. Sad mining towns dotted the area - faceless, no soul to them. It must be hard to live there, especially in the winter. It was lovely to hear the lilt to the accent, and listen to Welsh being spoken and see road signs and all printed material in both languages. Sometimes the Welsh was above the English on the street signs, sometimes not. My travelling companions were a mixed bunch - the local gossip sat next to me and regaled the bus with stories about people in her town (thankfully not Frome). The coach goes somewhere different each week, so I may go to Devon with them soon - only £12.50 return, door to door. I only took a few photos, which I will post later on today.
I lived in the valleys for 7 months when I first came back. In the middle of winter it was pretty grim, I must admit, especially in some of the towns. You get a real feeling for how areas of the country have been let down by the government over the years. With so much business that could be conducted anywhere, what with communications technology as it is, you'd think they would invest in establishing businesses in these areas and save on property prices and other costs.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
IslandWoman210 - When I go to England for visits one of my great joys is taking National Express and coach tours for a day or to see our wonderful country. My friends sometimes work whilst I am visting so on my todd during the day. So I try and see places - last time saw Durham - it's the one that stands out in my mind.. Enjoy your journeys..
Durham is wonderful...I went to university there.

Tina
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Islandwoman, you live in a really lovely part of England, I love somerset --- so close to Wales and lots of other beautiful and interesting places

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.