OMG! Exchange, Exchange!!

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 5:30 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice
Default Re: OMG! Exchange, Exchange!!

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I know most of us in Aus are in bed by now (apart from Perthites), but i just looked at the exchange rate 2.099

The lowest i have ever seen it is 2.04 in June last year. For all those leaving pretty soon, keep an eye on it! We could be quids in if this keeps up

I am dithering. Do we leap now or wait a day or two
Ffff, i wonder how much better it will get ? Parity would be a dream but some dreams do come true
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

....and now down at 2.03
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:52 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherpa
Ffff, i wonder how much better it will get ? Parity would be a dream but some dreams do come true
if it does get to parity i shall DEFINITELY take the leap!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
if it does get to parity i shall DEFINITELY take the leap!!
Plenty on the Barbie say "never go back"... now fast forward two years

UK has had the toughest depression since the 30's. House prices have fallen another 20% and the pound has dropped to 1.02 to the Oz dollar.
Oz has sailed through the depression untouched 'cos its the Lucky Country Plenty believe that Oz is immune, so what the Hell, I may as well believe it as well.

You suddenly realise that your Oz house could now buy you a stunning house in the UK and leave you with a couple of hundred grand in the bank.... I wonder how many then would be saying "never go back"
Old Jan 4th 2009, 7:38 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Plenty on the Barbie say "never go back"... now fast forward two years

UK has had the toughest depression since the 30's. House prices have fallen another 20% and the pound has dropped to 1.02 to the Oz dollar.
Oz has sailed through the depression untouched 'cos its the Lucky Country Plenty believe that Oz is immune, so what the Hell, I may as well believe it as well.

You suddenly realise that your Oz house could now buy you a stunning house in the UK and leave you with a couple of hundred grand in the bank.... I wonder how many then would be saying "never go back"
Very true!

Even as things stand right now, for some of us its a great time to go back!

The amount of jobs vacancies in his field that have come up in the last 3mths is quite startling!
The pound is dropping like a stone.
House prices and rentals the same
Retailers so desperate even car salesmen are giving BOGOF offers!

What better time to go back and restart your life
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

meols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud ofmeols12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
....and now down at 2.03
May get even better as Bank of England is expected to cut the Bank rate by 0.5% on Thursday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/4...ince-1694.html
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:18 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

I've just dealt at 0.4881 ( $2.04 ) and VERY happy with that. We'd sold the car at the weekend so the cash is now winging it's way back to the Uk albeit quite a few extra quid thrown in!!
More cash to deal with soon so lookin forwards to even better numbers again.
Yeyyyy the very soon to be MBTUK team !!!!!!!!!!!!

x
Old Jan 5th 2009, 4:11 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
I've just dealt at 0.4881 ( $2.04 ) and VERY happy with that. We'd sold the car at the weekend so the cash is now winging it's way back to the Uk albeit quite a few extra quid thrown in!!
More cash to deal with soon so lookin forwards to even better numbers again.
Yeyyyy the very soon to be MBTUK team !!!!!!!!!!!!

x
Live rates at 2009.01.05 05:06:35 UTC
1.00 AUD = 0.491325 GBP
Australia Dollars United Kingdom Pounds
1 AUD = 0.491325 GBP 1 GBP = 2.03531 AUD

From what i know about markets is they will already have priced in the next cut that they expect but if more are required in the future then yes things will get worse for the Pound but i think when it get too low alot of oversea's buyers will come in and start buying sterling so i guess there will be a support value .