Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

OMFG!! OH got the job!! We're Going to Scotland!!

OMFG!! OH got the job!! We're Going to Scotland!!

Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:01 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMFG!! OH got the job!! We're Going to Scotland!!

Congrats! The UK visa is a cakewalk compared to the US one. I got one back in 2006, same day in a British Consulate the week after we got married. (though I think there were mailing stages before that, can't remember now.) No medical!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! I'm from Scotland and I'm sure you'll love it.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Thanks for the congrats everyone!

We are still nervously awaiting the official written offer though. Just hope I wasn't premature in saying anything here!
Not at all. You're excited and rightly so. Enjoy it
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

judes has a spectacular aura aboutjudes has a spectacular aura aboutjudes has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: OMFG!! OH got the job!! We're Going to Scotland!!

Know exactly how you feel, we have wanted to go home for some time in a vague restless kinda way, then we visited our new 1 year grand daughter in May and the restlessness became urgentness. ( a new word penned by moi !! ) My son put a ridiculously low offer on a house which we expected to be refused and we put our house on the market, to cut a long story short, the offer was excepted and we sold our house over here in 12 days , so yes, I truly get OMFG !! Its all suddenly happening and I could poop with happiness. We are going to Cornwall, just as beautiful as Scotland, but warmer !! Yes, yes, I know its miles from civilisation, but its my kinda place. All I can say is take 1 step at a time, tiny steps, so as you arent overwhelmed, and it will suddenly all come together. Try not not to panic, keep calm and keep chanting " Home by Christmas, Home by Christmas " So happy for you
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I think we'll be setting up house in a town called Ayr, which is right on the west coast. He went there after the interview, and was quite impressed with it. He said there was a great promenade, complete with a beach.
A town called Ayr! I like the way you put it it! And you'll like Ayr - it's a very nice place - right on the lovely Ayrshire coast with lovely countryside behind it...and it also has a famous racecourse. Just outside the town, to the south, is the wee village of Alloway - the birthplace of Scotland's greatest poetic hero -the cottage is still there and open to the public and you'll see the wee cubby-hole type room in which he was born in 1759..... Robbie Burns, who wrote the original words to one of the world's most performed of songs - Auld Lang Syne.

Last edited by Lothianlad; Jun 1st 2011 at 7:45 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
A town called Ayr! I like the way you put it it! And you'll like Ayr - it's a very nice place - right on the lovely Ayrishire coast with lovely countryside behind it.,,and also a famous racecourse. Just outside the town, to the south, is the wee village of Alloway - the birthplace of Scotland's greatest poetic hero - Robbie Burns, who wrote the original words to one of the world's most performed of songs - Auld Lang Syne.
LOL! Ok, so it's a city and not a town. Truthfully, I wasn't sure how large Ayr is, seeing as I've never been there myself, or if it was well known.

I'll fit right in with the racecourse. I'm from Louisville, KY, home of Churchill Downs. Horse racing is in me blood!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Many, many congratulations. As others have said, Ayr is a nice place to live, plenty of fresh coast air so I'm sure you'll love it. I'm a Glasgow lass born and bred, but when I was younger, a day trip to Ayr was the highlight of the summer school holidays. Keep us posted on your journey, I'm sure there are a lot of jealous people out there who would love to go back but it's always nice to hear of someone else's good fortune, so you bloody well enjoy it!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

How exciting!! Congratulations and All Best Wishes!!!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:24 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
A town called Ayr! I like the way you put it it! And you'll like Ayr - it's a very nice place - right on the lovely Ayrshire coast with lovely countryside behind it...and it also has a famous racecourse. Just outside the town, to the south, is the wee village of Alloway - the birthplace of Scotland's greatest poetic hero -the cottage is still there and open to the public and you'll see the wee cubby-hole type room in which he was born in 1759..... Robbie Burns, who wrote the original words to one of the world's most performed of songs - Auld Lang Syne.
And there's a house for sale literally right opposite Burns' wee cottage:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33192281.html
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Big hugs of congratulations. I'm so pleased for you both. Reverse immigration. At least it is not going to take you a month of Sundays to sort it out.

Wish you and your DH much happiness, contentment and security in your new endeavor. Crossing fingers that you find gainful employment once you are there. I know it has been a long haul for you.

WTG ....
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
And there's a house for sale literally right opposite Burns' wee cottage:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33192281.html
It's got an Aga and everything.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:06 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful news for you very very pleased it worked out.......Puss is going home as well I hope!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

shining light is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! From many of the comments I have just read it seems as though there are many on here who can't wait to get out of the USA, or am I just misreading things?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shining light
WOW! From many of the comments I have just read it seems as though there are many on here who can't wait to get out of the USA, or am I just misreading things?
GANGWAY!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Wonderful news for you very very pleased it worked out.......Puss is going home as well I hope!
Of course the kitties are going with us. Luckily we started the PETS process to import them back in February, so they are good to go over in August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.