Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

An Old Guy Going Home - Advice Please

An Old Guy Going Home - Advice Please

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:58 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An Old Guy Going Home - Advice Please

Originally Posted by sans
Ok.....i forgive you Just dont ever ignore me again OK ......But your wish to have a thread answering your question only....Will not ever happen, not on BE anyway
Best to just anjoy and chew the fat
I suppose one can anjoy the fat when eating chips and scraps
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:00 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I suppose one can anjoy the fat when eating chips and scraps
Dont forget the salt and vinegar
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:07 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget the salt and vinegar
Honey, with me around...............you won`t need salt and vinegar.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:32 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Honey, with me around...............you won`t need salt and vinegar.
Oow......you'd have to be very tasty for me to denounce me vinegar Jewels....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:36 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Oow......you'd have to be very tasty for me to denounce me vinegar Jewels....
mmm more on that another day because I just realized we are on a thread where somebody needs advice (a serious thread) Pardon the intrusion Catch-22.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:37 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

mmm more on that another day because I just realized we are on a thread where somebody needs advice (a serious thread) Pardon the intrusion Catch-22.
Did you slither
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:58 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catch22
cricket1 - You would be about 3 hours ahead of me - right?
Yep, I think Oz is about 3 hours ahead.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pollyanna. I do understand the nature of forums, but the Catch22 is if you open up with your life story straightaway alarm bells ring and it seems if you don't they ring as well. I'm not quite sure what makes my story 'very unusual' except perhaps the nature of my work and my reasons for doing it, but that's not the topic of my post.
Personally, I don't think my situation would be more 'on topic' in a Far East forum because my post is not about the Far East, it's about an old guy who's looking for advice re going home
Its unusual as far as BE goes. The suggestion of the Far East forum was merely because you were saying that you didn't want to post your story on this thread and take it off topic. As you are new to BE it was quite possible that you were unaware of the existence of the other forum.

The only reason for my posting on here at all was because the thread had been reported.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:44 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I think any cloak and dagger posts make people both nosy and suspicious, It makes it look like something is being hidden and therefore not genuine. I'm not suggesting you're not sincere, just that when someone pours their whole life story out, they tend to get a barrage of immediate support and people wanting to offer help. I have seen this many times on this forum. There are some very kind and caring people here.
Of course, you may not feel comfortable doing this and this should be respected but maybe as you post a bit more about yourself, you'll find more people willing to step in and offer advice.

Personally, I don't mind if threads meander and go off topic, I think it makes them more interesting. Bit like going on a mystery tour.
As long as you don't put your real identity out there, you're safe to make friends and open up a bit more. Then you get more back. Just my own experience talking here.
Whatever you do, don't ignore the women who answer your posts or you will be up the creek without a paddle.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

Something suspect??

I placed some straight forward questions for advice and received a few very constructive answers including your Sans (sorry) and then the topic was taken off thread and I tried to bring it back......

I know I'm new to EP, but what must I do? I can't phrase every word to satisy everyone's curiosity and I really do fail to see anything suspect.

Let me make it crystal clear. I'm an old guy planning to go home and welcome....GENUINELY welcome advice.

PLEASE, refrain from making statements that might prevent people from posting - it's not fair.

Thanks very much
Please accept my apologies for my remark. Some thoughts popped into my mind about your guardedness, which is why I made that silly comment. You have every right to keep your life private, and no one has the right, including myself to intrude. Sorry.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:45 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by cricket1
I think any cloak and dagger posts make people both nosy and suspicious, It makes it look like something is being hidden and therefore not genuine. I'm not suggesting you're not sincere, just that when someone pours their whole life story out, they tend to get a barrage of immediate support and people wanting to offer help. I have seen this many times on this forum. There are some very kind and caring people here.
Of course, you may not feel comfortable doing this and this should be respected but maybe as you post a bit more about yourself, you'll find more people willing to step in and offer advice.

Personally, I don't mind if threads meander and go off topic, I think it makes them more interesting. Bit like going on a mystery tour.
As long as you don't put your real identity out there, you're safe to make friends and open up a bit more. Then you get more back. Just my own experience talking here.
Whatever you do, don't ignore the women who answer your posts or you will be up the creek without a paddle.
Err Hum...........Just clearing my throat here Popcorn anyone
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:49 pm
Banned

Err Hum...........Just clearing my throat here Popcorn anyone
It's called ice breaking. I learned the technique while living in Australia. Didn't get me anywhere but I still have all this knowledge now that i don't know what to do with.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:52 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

It's called ice breaking. I learned the technique while living in Australia. Didn't get me anywhere but I still have all this knowledge now that i don't know what to do with.
Well seeing as you are coming home now...best learn to stick out your tongue sweetie it breaks lots of ice
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:54 pm
Banned

Well seeing as you are coming home now...best learn to stick out your tongue sweetie it breaks lots of ice
I will take your advice and see what happens.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:06 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

I will take your advice and see what happens.
Disclaimer ....haha Its got absolutley nothing to do with me if Cricket gets punched on the nose, for sticking her tongue out AT THE GREAT BRITISH PUBLIC

Last edited by sans; Feb 23rd 2009 at 11:39 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.