NZ Credit Card

Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough
Default NZ Credit Card

Been back in UK for a few years now but still paying off a NZ credit card ( kiwibank)
Does anyone know if any of the banks or companies here in the UK will accept a balance transfer for a new UK card from a kiwibank card.Tesco wont and neither will Virgin
Cheers
KP
Old Jun 10th 2016, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Sidie82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ Credit Card

I am actually wondering about this situation too as I have credit card debt in Canada but it's highly likely I am going to have to move back to the UK soon. Hopefully this will bump the thread up again
Old Jun 19th 2016, 10:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kenpom
Been back in UK for a few years now but still paying off a NZ credit card ( kiwibank)
Does anyone know if any of the banks or companies here in the UK will accept a balance transfer for a new UK card from a kiwibank card.Tesco wont and neither will Virgin
Cheers
KP
Hi KenPom

Long time no hear and I hope everything is going well for you back in Blighty.

Good on you for trying to sort this out & I do hope someone is able to help you with this.

Kiwibank is the state owned bank here in New Zealand for those that do not know.

What about taking a UK bank loan out to pay off the debt. If the bank has a presence in NZ , like HSBC, they may be willing to help.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

That also crossed my mind. I suppose it would come down to your UK credit rating, to qualify for the loan, and the comparative costs of repayment v servicing the NZ debt from this country.