neighbours?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: neighbours?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Find that here too...but they are mostly packed between 5.00 and 6.30.

Also find if you're out with friends no one says 'do ya wanna come back to ours for a bevvie'. Nope by 8.00pm everyone's heading home.
Maybe they all have rocking parties or orgies once they get back home.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
Maybe they all have rocking parties or orgies once they get back home.
This......................... has not been my experience...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:18 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Do all American neighbours keep themselves to themselves or is it just here in Killeen?

I understand not wanting to share all of your business with each other, but in my street, i think that we are the only ones living here. The only sign that makes me think differently is that i see cars in the drive on an evening then they are gone by the morrow!

I was coming back from my usual morning stroll of taking my step son to school and it hit me! As i hit the corner of our drive, i knew that i had seen the same scene before, yep! the movie Pleasantville!!!!
Ours is a bit like that in the Winter. When the weather is nice people walk around and we have neighbourhood events....we have a bowling league, a block party, a golf outing, several neighbourhood clean up days, bunko groups etc.

As I've said before I joined everything when we moved here and two things I joined were the Home Owners association and the township newcomers group.
Through them I 've met lots of people on my neighbourhood.
Stuff does go on....lots of parties, bbq's etc it was just a case of getting to know who was behind the closed doors.

We lived in a more urban street in the UK and there was lots of passers by, traffic etc and I did see more people but we didn't get together a lot with our neighbours.
Here a lot more seems to go on...we go out more but it tends to be to friends houses as we don't have any bars or anything within walking distance

I love having parties and our garden is lovely for summer parties.
Last year we had a big graduation do for my eldest and this year I'm having a big "we got our green card" party.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:21 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, i married a service man {and so proud of him too} we met online two years ago. When he gets deployed, he is gone for 15 months. Sadly i have no family over here.
What branch is he in?
Try and get some activities going before he leaves so you don't go up the wall.
Have a couple of friends who just did 15 in Iraq.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:26 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I know, i am talking {typing} again, i haven't got no one to talk to:embaressed_smile:

When my husband visited the UK, one thing that he was astonished with was the way total strangers pass the time of the day chit chatting with each other at the bus stop etc-

he loved it once he got used to it!
That happens where I am, people are always striking up conversations often because they hear my accent.

I found it hard at first to make friends because my children are older and not sporty so I didn't meet other mums at school events.
Once the children here get to middle school there is less parental involvement unless they are in a team of some sort.
When we arrived my two eldest were high schoolers and the youngest was in 5th grade. It took me a long time to meet other parents.

All the jobs on the various school committees were taken by a posse of mums who didn't welcome new people and it was hard.

I still feel lonley sometimes because I do miss the bustle of living in a busy environment.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
What branch is he in?
Try and get some activities going before he leaves so you don't go up the wall.
Have a couple of friends who just did 15 in Iraq.
Tried to make friends with some wives, but they are always doing "baking" sales, don't think i am ready for that yet,

mind you though!

desperation is setting in now, i can see myself in a little pinny telling everyone my secret ingredient for mycrumpets!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:35 pm
Who?

Tried to make friends with some wives, but they are always doing "baking" sales, don't think i am ready for that yet,

mind you though!

desperation is setting in now, i can see myself in a little pinny telling everyone my secret ingredient for mycrumpets!
I joined a knitting circle and I can't knit Honestly, I can cast on and off and knit a few rows. I just said I was knitting a blanket.
Everyone else was a whizz with their knitting needles but they didn't mind.

I had a great time and met some really nice people...so get baking!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta depend where you live, in some parts you just don't have neighbours

Anyway, around here, we're pretty friendly with ours as they rent the downstairs and we say hi to the gay guys next door, but no one else says hi or shows signs of life around here.

Doesn't really bother me that much though tbh.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I joined a knitting circle and I can't knit Honestly, I can cast on and off and knit a few rows. I just said I was knitting a blanket.
Everyone else was a whizz with their knitting needles but they didn't mind.

I had a great time and met some really nice people...so get baking!
I like it! if i got you some wire wool, will you knit me a kettle?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

mind you though!

how's about scrapbooking i think it's called
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

When my husband visited the UK, one thing that he was astonished with was the way total strangers pass the time of the day chit chatting with each other at the bus stop etc-

he loved it once he got used to it!
my usc huband really enjoys the uk, he's lived there and always found the peeps to be very friendly towards him as were and are our present neighbours
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TruBrit
how's about scrapbooking i think it's called
So you're not interested in my secret ingredient!

see! i'm a failure!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:56 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

at the first rental we were in a neighbour came over while we were on the drive after a few days and introduced herself. She gave me a typed list of all the households on the close and facing it (a group of about 12 homes). It said their names, kids and pets, proper address, telephone mobile and email addresses. I copied it, added my details and sent it round all the email addresses. We meet most months for a ladies night out and they are a blast!

Ive moved onto another rental now as the last one wouldnt extend - and i still go back and see them. Havnt met any of the new neighbousr yet tho I have waved at a few!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:01 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

mind you though!

The military is a whole nother thing... I think military families can be closer in some ways (We're all in the same boat type thing) but it's hard to get attached to people because you move fairly often.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
The military is a whole nother thing... I think military families can be closer in some ways (We're all in the same boat type thing) but it's hard to get attached to people because you move fairly often.
And thats exactly why I found you might make an acquaintance or two but not a real friend and remember you are English so there for foreign. It's good to not be part of that life anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.