neighbours?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold
Default neighbours?

Do all American neighbours keep themselves to themselves or is it just here in Killeen?

I understand not wanting to share all of your business with each other, but in my street, i think that we are the only ones living here. The only sign that makes me think differently is that i see cars in the drive on an evening then they are gone by the morrow!

I was coming back from my usual morning stroll of taking my step son to school and it hit me! As i hit the corner of our drive, i knew that i had seen the same scene before, yep! the movie Pleasantville!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: neighbours?

Originally Posted by shazza777
Do all American neighbours keep themselves to themselves or is it just here in Killeen?

I understand not wanting to share all of your business with each other, but in my street, i think that we are the only ones living here. The only sign that makes me think differently is that i see cars in the drive on an evening then they are gone by the morrow!

I was coming back from my usual morning stroll of taking my step son to school and it hit me! As i hit the corner of our drive, i knew that i had seen the same scene before, yep! the movie Pleasantville!!!!
same here.... very odd!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is very communal, lots of families with young kids and most people are very social we have lots of community events and BBQs etc.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:06 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

We know nearly everyone on our block. Three doors down there's another baby girl so we get together with them when we all have time. I even take the neighbour's dog for a walk sometimes. Beyond that we know quite a few others in town; it's one of those places where if you have kids you'll get to know a lot of others locally who also have kids; even knowing someone else with kids leads you to meet lots of other people.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

when we moved to our new neighborhood it did seem quiet compared to our old one so we held a "we'd like to get to know you" party. Just a few nibbles and drinks...everyone had a great time and we're all planning a block party for later in the summer.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

It's been like that everywhere I lived, in every country. Oh wait maybe it's me!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:50 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

That's what we doctors call a "bedroom community".
Suggest you start mowing your lawn at 5am or 10pm.
You will soon meet your neighbours.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nethead
Ours is very communal, lots of families with young kids and most people are very social we have lots of community events and BBQs etc.
I want to live where you live!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

nope same here plus the last two places we lived at in Houston, very odd

i've moved about a bit in the uk and always made new friends and one of the reasons i agreed to move to the usa was coz i was sure i'd have no prob meeting peeps but alas i was proven wrong!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do you think asking to borrow a cup of sugar will work?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nethead
wow that's a first, good for you...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

are you anywhere near where the children have been rescued from that polygamy religious sect?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think asking to borrow a cup of sugar will work?
No - definitely not.

But you could try the "bringing 'round homemade cookies" routine... (or banana bread)
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:10 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

When we first moved here we thought it was a ghost town, mind you it was deep winter.

Summer came, and the flamingo parties started, pink flamingo in the yard, thats the location of the neighbourhood BBQ that evening, just bring a side and booze! Every couple of weeks there would be a gathering.

We meet round the retention pond for fishing and beers, we even got invited to the drag races - yep I'm really pleased with our neighbourhood.

We also have some really good british friends close by, so when the Americans go to bed at 10pm, we carry on
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:25 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Same where I am in Orange County, California. All the gardens look lovely but you never see a home owner out there tending to them. When we first moved in, in August, I seriously thought we were the only people here as we didnt see or hear anyone for weeks. The odd car goes by..... since then, we have new neighbours on one side and they are fairly friendly, although they are students doing a house-share so are not your typical home-owners. I was never in and out of my neighbours houses in the UK but we did see people and therefore spoke to them..... oddski bodski.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.