My safe haven

Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all
Default Re: My safe haven

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Hello

I'm coming up for my 18 year anniversary in Adelaide and can relate to all that you are saying. Sending best wishes to you and others who can get out while they can. Adelaide is a lovely place...for a holiday.
my goodness18years!!!

this is what worries meit must be so easy to carry on passing time and then find its too late to go back kids settled etc etc

I know merseygirl nice suburb but very boring after a short while
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desire
Hey it must be something to do with Adelaide
I have been here 3 and a half years, thats been difficult for me...... can't believe Merseygirl has been here for 13 years and still struggles
That just sounds like a life sentence
I feel i am just going through the motions of day to day life and yet feel i have died inside some where along the way!
Going back to thr Uk for our first visit xmas and New Year, just hope it helps cement where i want to be The rest of my family are quite happy here.
Well, Desire, I try not to think of it as a life sentence but try to make the best of it. There have been some happy times here, the hard part is when those happy times are threatened or change in some way, then you really feel the loss more in a place that doesn't really feel like 'home' because those happy times are the little things that help you feel more settled. Once they change in some way you feel as though the rug has been pulled from under you.

The problem for me too is that my husband is happy here and has all his immediate family around him so has no real desire to return to the UK.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Desire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to beholdDesire is a splendid one to behold

Merseygirl, I can quite understand how the months roll onto years.
Just like Ellie said "easy to carry on pass the time and then the kids and hubby are settled."
Before you know it... it just yourself that feels uneasy

I feel i have to be careful in that i am not having a Wendy Craig moment (from the TV series Butterflies ) do you remember that one ladies? where she feels a little lost once her kids have started to find their own feet and them taking her for granted for what she does around the house etc. Kinda of feeling transparent and would anyone know if i wasn't here anyway?:blink
Is that what i am going through? and i am blaming Adelaide?

The old saying "life begins at 40" well i am 43 and starting to feel lost
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=

The old saying "life begins at 40" well i am 43 and starting to feel lost[/QUOTE]

am 44 and never been so scared in my life of my future