Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

My Christmas message to the nation

My Christmas message to the nation

Old Jan 9th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice
Default Re: My Christmas message to the nation

Originally Posted by pommybird
Sorry T!

It's a very special song to me - my last last Christmas in Perth was December 2005 and although I tried to put on a brave face for the kids I was just so miserable and I remember playing this song over and over to myself and it gave me the guts to pull myself together and turn my life around.

Anyway chuck - have a good one and I'm waiting with bated breath to see what decisions 2008 brings you!!xx
Hi Pommybird
Loved your christmas message and stories. I have been back in UK now 19 years after spending 15years in Perth...I used to get so bored and homesick....I think I have forgoton all that because I am thinking about returning to good old aussie....I must be mad....your thread has really put me back on the right track...cheers.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:07 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Hi Pommybird
Loved your christmas message and stories. I have been back in UK now 19 years after spending 15years in Perth...I used to get so bored and homesick....I think I have forgoton all that because I am thinking about returning to good old aussie....I must be mad....your thread has really put me back on the right track...cheers.
Do you know what isleofmanmike, I think once we have placed ourselves on the migration rollercoaster it is often very difficult to get off - constantly seeing the country you are not currently in, through the old rose tints.

However saying that people do go back a second time and it all works out fine, BUT then you do also get your serial migrators that ping pong back and forth several times!! If you got bored in Perth have you thought of trying over East this time?

At the end of the day best advice I've got is that we are all different, what is right for one of us is not right for the other - best thing is too trust your gut feel and your own judgement.

As for me, you may have guessed from my post that I now know I definitely belong in the UK and am more than happy to be back. However a little piece of my heart (albeit a very tiny weeny piece!) will always be back in Perth.

I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Originally Posted by pommybird
Do you know what isleofmanmike, I think once we have placed ourselves on the migration rollercoaster it is often very difficult to get off - constantly seeing the country you are not currently in, through the old rose tints.

However saying that people do go back a second time and it all works out fine, BUT then you do also get your serial migrators that ping pong back and forth several times!! If you got bored in Perth have you thought of trying over East this time?

At the end of the day best advice I've got is that we are all different, what is right for one of us is not right for the other - best thing is too trust your gut feel and your own judgement.

As for me, you may have guessed from my post that I now know I definitely belong in the UK and am more than happy to be back. However a little piece of my heart (albeit a very tiny weeny piece!) will always be back in Perth.

I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for your message, the different thing for me is that my mum, brother ansd sister live in Perth. My sister been there 34 years. My mum and brother should be in the guiness book of records for PING PONGING back and forth. I would guess they have moved aussie uk aussie no less than TWENTY tmes, twice in one year. Now my mum is in her 70's and I think she has finally stopped this and lives in a flat in Freo.....We now live on the Isle of Man, been here seven years, loved it at first but now getting bored at living on a small island in the Irish sea.....There is no utiopia.....the grass is always greener...or is it
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:20 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Thanks for your message, the different thing for me is that my mum, brother ansd sister live in Perth. My sister been there 34 years. My mum and brother should be in the guiness book of records for PING PONGING back and forth. I would guess they have moved aussie uk aussie no less than TWENTY tmes, twice in one year. Now my mum is in her 70's and I think she has finally stopped this and lives in a flat in Freo.....We now live on the Isle of Man, been here seven years, loved it at first but now getting bored at living on a small island in the Irish sea.....There is no utiopia.....the grass is always greener...or is it
Ah family being in perth makes life that bit more complicated! Very true there is not Utopia but hopefully at some point you will find the place where you finally feel settled and at peace.