Moving to the UK

Old Aug 14th 2021, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to the UK

Unlike many Europeans I have to prove I have @ $68,000 to come home with my American wife.
Even though I'm British!
If I do the paperwork does it last indefinitely or only for a period?
Old Aug 14th 2021, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the UK

Europeans have the same financial requirements to meet as anyone else since Brexit

If you have no employment income then you need 62,500 GBP in savings to obtain a spouse visa.

Would suggest you read the following document to see how you qualify:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...t-v7.0-ext.pdf

She initially gets a visa for 2.5 years, then renew that one for another 2.5 years (and pay accordingly) and at the 5 year point she can apply for permanent residence.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 14th 2021 at 8:58 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2021, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that.
However my question relates to timing.

Can I apply and then use that permission in an indeterminate future?
Or if we apply do we have a time limit in which we actually have to do the 'move'?
I'm unclear on that.

(The rational, for us, is that if the US goes full on fascist after 2024 can we get all our ducks in a row to move at short notice.)
Old Aug 15th 2021, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
I understand that.
However my question relates to timing.

Can I apply and then use that permission in an indeterminate future?
Or if we apply do we have a time limit in which we actually have to do the 'move'?
I'm unclear on that.

(The rational, for us, is that if the US goes full on fascist after 2024 can we get all our ducks in a row to move at short notice.)

You will be given currently 90 days (due to Covid) after the issuance of your visa. Normally it has been 30 days.
Old Aug 15th 2021, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you.