moving costs

Old Jan 13th 2022, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

YJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond reputeYJMalmsteen has a reputation beyond repute
Default moving costs

Hi people!

I just got the quote for a 40’ container from Ontario to Manchester - $23000!!! Seems excessive to me. The same move UK to Canada is around £7000 when I just checked. Anyone know any reputable moving companies at cheaper rates?

Best,
J

Old Jan 17th 2022, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

MrCheeky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving costs

Yikes that does seem a bit steep. My wife and I are moving from BC to England and using a large Move Cube ( https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/e...ving/movecube/ ) and was quoted around $3,500 for a large Move Cube with an estimate of 62 to 76 days. This would be door-to-door shipping. Insurance and other items may be added on. Everything is getting more expensive. A 40 foot container will hold a significant amount of belongings. Perhaps you might have to make some tough decisions as to what really needs to go to the UK with you? Good luck with the move.