Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK from Toronto - any shipping company recommendations?

Moving back to the UK from Toronto - any shipping company recommendations?

Old Apr 8th 2016, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Abster has a brilliant futureAbster has a brilliant futureAbster has a brilliant futureAbster has a brilliant futureAbster has a brilliant futureAbster has a brilliant futureAbster has a brilliant future
Default Moving back to the UK from Toronto - any shipping company recommendations?

After almost five years in Toronto we've decided to move back to the UK **sob**

We've have two quotes from shipping our stuff back and they vary by around $1000! The two companies are Brytor and Unigroup. Anyone have any experience using either of them?

Thank in advance

P.S. I know there's a similar thread already but I couldn't find any specific feedback!
Old Apr 8th 2016, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK from Toronto - any shipping company recommendations?

Originally Posted by Abster
After almost five years in Toronto we've decided to move back to the UK **sob**

We've have two quotes from shipping our stuff back and they vary by around $1000! The two companies are Brytor and Unigroup. Anyone have any experience using either of them?

Thank in advance

P.S. I know there's a similar thread already but I couldn't find any specific feedback!
So why the "sob"?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK from Toronto - any shipping company recommendations?

I am using a company based in the UK, they were cheaper then any Canadian company by almost $2000 even with the poor exchange, and then they hire the Canadian company (unigroup) to move us, including shipping from Halifax to Southampton!

UK based company is Schallenberg International Limited, i am dealing with Alan Grayston, +44 1394 675339, great guy
Old Apr 12th 2016, 11:46 am
Just Joined

DougC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've just moved back to the UK after 4 years in Canada & I looked at several options for shipping my personal belongings back. I only had 9 items, the largest box weighing 30kg & a total weight of 200kg so while this information might not help you, it might be useful for someone else reading this forum.

Shipping - I had quotes from several different companies (UPakWeShip, SevenSeas, Pickfords) which all came in at around $2000 & would take 12-14 weeks by surface ship.

Air freight - I flew back with Air Transat so I enquired about their shipping rates..... $600 total (including airport security screening) plus 73 GBP to clear my things through UK Customs at the destination. My items arrived within 3 days, relatively undamaged & cleared Customs immediately.

I dealt with Sonia at Exp-Air Cargo Ltd in Calgary (who organise freight on behalf of Air Transat) & she was excellent throughout. Tel 403-250-8663

As I said, this is probably not cost-effective for anyone wanting to ship an entire house-full of belongings but for anyone with a few, smaller items it was quick, cheap & easy!
Old Apr 13th 2016, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Moosemug is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Brytor. You might want to go for the other quote instead.