Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK from Spain

Moving back to UK from Spain

Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:45 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving back to UK from Spain

Hello
Is anyone moving back, or has anyone recently moved back, to the UK from Spain?

I would appreciate being able to ask some questions to anyone in this position.

Many thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:41 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK from Spain

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hello
Is anyone moving back, or has anyone recently moved back, to the UK from Spain?

I would appreciate being able to ask some questions to anyone in this position.

Many thanks
what do you need to know

al
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Amy Robbins is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you move back to the UK in the end?
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:46 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amy Robbins
Did you move back to the UK in the end?
Hi Amy

Yes, we are back and happy.....arrived last Saturday and feel like we've never been away!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hi Amy

Yes, we are back and happy.....arrived last Saturday and feel like we've never been away!
Why did you return if you do not mind me asking?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

i'm the process of trying to move back to the uk from spain. been here for nearly 18 months now.

Matt
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mka2
hi,

i'm the process of trying to move back to the uk from spain. been here for nearly 18 months now.

Matt
What went wrong with your move to Spain?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:55 pm
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gray C
What went wrong with your move to Spain?

yea answer the man i read so many oz and usa coming back and how they hate it , and want to get back to the UK.

Not many from Spain , so come on get this thread buzzing maybe you know more and could save all us about to or wanting to get out there a lot of hardship if you know something we dont !!!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 11:23 pm
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Moving back to UK from Spain

Originally Posted by Bossman-kent
yea answer the man i read so many oz and usa coming back and how they hate it , and want to get back to the UK.

Not many from Spain , so come on get this thread buzzing maybe you know more and could save all us about to or wanting to get out there a lot of hardship if you know something we dont !!!

Obviously everyone in Spain is happy ? well thats a good plus ..
Old Oct 15th 2006, 2:04 am
jae
Just Joined

jae is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in spain for 2 years, then moved back to the uk for 2 years but now hopefully moving back to spain next year and cant wait!!! Intend on stopping out there and just return to uk to see family and friends.
Old Oct 15th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bossman-kent

The Canadians turned us down (their loss) and we are now looking to moving to Spain. As has been pointed out not many people post on this forum about returning from Spain.

It would be nice to hear some views, whether they be positive or negative!

Graham
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Karen2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gray C
The Canadians turned us down (their loss) and we are now looking to moving to Spain. As has been pointed out not many people post on this forum about returning from Spain.

It would be nice to hear some views, whether they be positive or negative!

Graham
Hi
Perhaps I can add a little on the subject of returning from Spain . My husband and I have lived in Spain for 2 1/2 years now and we have been very happy here , we have had the house here for more than 4 years , we used it as a holiday home initially. The only problem here is is the work or absolute lack of it , I don`t mean only for the English as unemployment amongst the Spanish is also high . Building work is probably easier to come by but other types of work are difficult to get , my husband worked for BT for 17 years and has been un employed in Spain since January .
We have now made the difficult decision to move from Spain to NZ , my husband is a NZ citizen , he has a tentative job offer already and intends to leave next month with me following in about 3 months time .

We both feel that if you need to work in Spain and have a regular steady income you will find it difficult , we live in a lovely area with beautiful countryside and have a lovely home and honestly are reluctant to move . We will return at some time and intend to rent our house until that is possible , all the reasons we came here in the first place still stand but my husband is 35 and needs to work and feel valued . We have given it time to work out but for us it is not to be .

The only advice I would give is research carefully and if you need a job think very hard before coming to this part of Spain , lovely people , beautiful weather and great for kids

I hope this is of some help to someone
Karen
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Karen2000
Hi
Perhaps I can add a little on the subject of returning from Spain . My husband and I have lived in Spain for 2 1/2 years now and we have been very happy here , we have had the house here for more than 4 years , we used it as a holiday home initially. The only problem here is is the work or absolute lack of it , I don`t mean only for the English as unemployment amongst the Spanish is also high . Building work is probably easier to come by but other types of work are difficult to get , my husband worked for BT for 17 years and has been un employed in Spain since January .
We have now made the difficult decision to move from Spain to NZ , my husband is a NZ citizen , he has a tentative job offer already and intends to leave next month with me following in about 3 months time .

We both feel that if you need to work in Spain and have a regular steady income you will find it difficult , we live in a lovely area with beautiful countryside and have a lovely home and honestly are reluctant to move . We will return at some time and intend to rent our house until that is possible , all the reasons we came here in the first place still stand but my husband is 35 and needs to work and feel valued . We have given it time to work out but for us it is not to be .

The only advice I would give is research carefully and if you need a job think very hard before coming to this part of Spain , lovely people , beautiful weather and great for kids

Karen
Hi,
I feel for you having to leave a lovely place because of lack of work.
I hope that you will be happy when you move to nz and good luck for the future.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi

Karen
Thanks for your reply and good luck with your move to NZ. Where abouts in Spain do you live?

We are a family of 3 and would hope to buy a property without a mortgage and can take a regular income to Spain of about £1,100 per month. Do you think that we can live reasonably comfortably on that level of income. If not, how much more do you think we will need to earn.

We do not want to live on the coast and would like to live inland a bit because we believe it is cheaper. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

Graham
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:34 pm
Banned

Hi

Karen

read your reply which is appreciated , but 1 bit puzzled me and i have bolded it above ? please clarify ?

was it just a mistype ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.