Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK from South Africa

Moving back to UK from South Africa

Old May 22nd 2018, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Scot6817 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving back to UK from South Africa

I have been living in South Africa for over 20 years but was born in Scotland and educated there through to the end of University. I am married to a SA citizen and have 2 children who were born in SA. They both have British Passports. We are moving back to Scotland as a family and I wondered if there are requirements for any kind of medical certificate "clearance" for myself and the kids especially since I have been living abroad in Africa for more than 20 years? Can I book myself and the kids with a one way ticket to the UK ? Any advise on the "rules" to returning to the UK? There is plenty on what my SA husband has to do and complete and tests he needs to take but not a lot of info on anything I need to do and the kids. Help?
Old May 22nd 2018, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK from South Africa

if you and children have British passports you just fly back into the UK and resume life.

If you have been living in somewhere prone to tropical diseases or outbreaks you may need to show that you are not contagious or infectious. Read up on entering the UK from 'restricted' countries with regard health requirements.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina...united-kingdom

Yes, you and children can arrive on one way ticket.
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scot6817
I have been living in South Africa for over 20 years but was born in Scotland and educated there through to the end of University. I am married to a SA citizen and have 2 children who were born in SA. They both have British Passports. We are moving back to Scotland as a family and I wondered if there are requirements for any kind of medical certificate "clearance" for myself and the kids especially since I have been living abroad in Africa for more than 20 years? Can I book myself and the kids with a one way ticket to the UK ? Any advise on the "rules" to returning to the UK? There is plenty on what my SA husband has to do and complete and tests he needs to take but not a lot of info on anything I need to do and the kids. Help?
Welcome to BE.

Please have a quick read of the site rules, and should you have any site related problems please contact one of the moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.

Please note that you, as the British Citizen will have to sponsor your husband so will need to fulfil the financial requirements, pots more information in this forum

https://britishexpats.com/forum/citi...-visas-uk-196/
Old May 25th 2018, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

How old are the kids?
Old May 28th 2018, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Scot6817 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, the kids are 16 and 19.