Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK from Malta

Moving back to the UK from Malta

Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice
Question Moving back to the UK from Malta

Hi all

Just after some advice really. My husband, infant son, mother and I moved from Aberdeen, Scotland in March this year to Malta. We thought or hoped we were going to move to Malta permanently but it hasn't worked out that way. I am currently studying but am due to finish my course in November and the plan is to return to the UK before Christmas. My husband and I however are hoping to relocate to South of England, Hampshire around the area of Chanders Ford/Romsey and my mother is going back to Aberdeen.

I wondered if any of you live in this area and might be able to tell me a bit more about it? I have a friend there and it is very helpful as she can find out all sorts for me, but would also like other opinions on it.

My reasons for coming back to the UK may seem a bit silly to others who haven't lived in Malta. There is hardly any greenery here and I didn't think that would be a big deal, but it really is, especially when you have a 16 month old son. It is very expensive here and to be honest a lot of things are way behind the times and we are both struggling with that aspect. The heat is also a bit much during the height of summer and overall longterm prospects don't look great for both us or my son. We wanted a change from Aberdeen and we got it, but I don't think we wanted this drastic a change. Plus a big reason for going back to the UK is being closer to family. We have thought long and hard about this and we feel it is the right decision. There are many more pros to go back but just to a different area.

Also wondered what people did about shipping items back to the UK?

Thanks for any advice.

Summer