Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to the UK from Italy

Moving back to the UK from Italy

Old Oct 15th 2023, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future
Default Moving back to the UK from Italy

I've been contemplating leaving Italy for good lately - does anybody here know of people who have experienced reverse cultural shock after moving back to the UK?

Has the working culture or style of management changed in the higher education sector since when I left civilisation ten years ago?
Old Oct 15th 2023, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to the UK from Italy

Originally Posted by daniel_t
I've been contemplating leaving Italy for good lately - does anybody here know of people who have experienced reverse cultural shock after moving back to the UK?

Has the working culture or style of management changed in the higher education sector since when I left civilisation ten years ago?

It's changed everywhere in the last 10 years.....
Old Oct 15th 2023, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

daniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant futuredaniel_t has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
It's changed everywhere in the last 10 years.....
Yea, and how? I mean, the UK HE sector.
Old Oct 16th 2023, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daniel_t
Yea, and how? I mean, the UK HE sector.
Hi My son is a teacher and he wants to move up into the HE sector as he says it’s a very good (and easier to his mind) way to stay in education but without the same hassle as actually being so hands on.
Old Oct 16th 2023, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi My son is a teacher and he wants to move up into the HE sector as he says it’s a very good (and easier to his mind) way to stay in education but without the same hassle as actually being so hands on.
Cheers Brits1