Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to uk with family help with location

Moving back to uk with family help with location

Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

enuwa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to uk with family help with location

I am 31 and moving with my Nigerian wife and 3 children (4yr, 2.9yr and 3 months) back to the UK. We are trying to decide where to live to get the best for my income. I will be earing about 60K and my wife will be staying home. I would like to be able to commute easily to London (my work requires me to travel mainly to london and Bristol) and within 4hr journey to Plymouth where my mum and dad are. We were considering Caversham in Reading but it is quite pricey. Requirements are great schools for our kids, some diversity, safe neighborhood, easy public transport. We will be renting furnished for at least a year and would love to keep the rent under 1000GBP. Please help as we will be doing most of our home shopping online.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 2:07 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to uk with family help with location

I wouldn't recommend Caversham if you need to travel on the motorway to get to work. It will be a nightmare for you to negotiate the traffic during rush hour. Try looking at places that are closer to the motorway and have easier access. Some starting points for you to look at are Twyford, Spencers Wood, Thatcham, etc.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

needasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really niceneedasmack is just really nice
Default Re: Moving back to uk with family help with location

this site offers a bit of a demographical look at the different areas:

http://www.upmystreet.com/

good luck. moving countries is never easy, but it is always an adventure