Moving back to Liverpool

Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road
Default Moving back to Liverpool

Hi, I'm Michelle and after 7 years of living in Sicily we are moving back to Liverpool. We being, DH, who is Sicilian and from the place where we have been living, DD who is 5 and DS 4. We will hopefully be joined in 6 months time by Luna, the naughty but cute dog and Barney, the soft, daft cat.
We're moving back as here in Sicily work is hard to find and after 7 years DH has had enough. He lived in UK 6 years before moving back here and has always had fond memories. He enjoys our trips back to UK and has a great relationship with all my family.
I'm divided on how I feel. I love it here, have made fantastic friends and created a life for myself. It is a beautiful place to live but also appreciate its problems. I'm moving back to a loving, close family who will support us all the way.
My kids are quite happy about it, they love their English family and the thought of being close to nanna and grandad !
I'm worried though that they may lose some of their Italian identity. The have always had a strong english influence as I have been a stay at home mum. DH will be working though so they Italian influence won't be as predominant.
I've posted on an Italian site trying to find local Italian communities and we will probably speak Italian at home.
So, not really many questions, just more a Hi !!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving back to Liverpool

Originally Posted by selinuntina
Hi, I'm Michelle and after 7 years of living in Sicily we are moving back to Liverpool. We being, DH, who is Sicilian and from the place where we have been living, DD who is 5 and DS 4. We will hopefully be joined in 6 months time by Luna, the naughty but cute dog and Barney, the soft, daft cat.
We're moving back as here in Sicily work is hard to find and after 7 years DH has had enough. He lived in UK 6 years before moving back here and has always had fond memories. He enjoys our trips back to UK and has a great relationship with all my family.
I'm divided on how I feel. I love it here, have made fantastic friends and created a life for myself. It is a beautiful place to live but also appreciate its problems. I'm moving back to a loving, close family who will support us all the way.
My kids are quite happy about it, they love their English family and the thought of being close to nanna and grandad !
I'm worried though that they may lose some of their Italian identity. The have always had a strong english influence as I have been a stay at home mum. DH will be working though so they Italian influence won't be as predominant.
I've posted on an Italian site trying to find local Italian communities and we will probably speak Italian at home.
So, not really many questions, just more a Hi !!
What a time to return capital of culture etc, Liverpool is booming at the moment and you have picked a good time to return all the best with the move.