Moving back with dogs

Old Jun 21st 2021, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back with dogs

Hi!

I'm curious if there is anyone who has travelled back to the UK with dog, we would love to hear your experiences, especially during Covid! Does anyone have any review/ratings of different pet transport companies, and/or the types of crate?
Also, if there is anyone who has returned the the UK and is willing to sell a large crate, please DM me!
Old Jun 21st 2021, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Cominghome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back with dogs

Hi!

We moved back to the UK from Pennsylvania last week. We used Professional Pet Movers to move a Golden Retriever and a Welsh Corgi and they are absolutely fantastic! Of all the parts of this crazy move, that was the only one that was totally stress free! I really can’t recommend them highly enough. We had to have a custom crate built for the size of our dog but it was ready within a couple of days.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cominghome
Hi!

We moved back to the UK from Pennsylvania last week. We used Professional Pet Movers to move a Golden Retriever and a Welsh Corgi and they are absolutely fantastic! Of all the parts of this crazy move, that was the only one that was totally stress free! I really can’t recommend them highly enough. We had to have a custom crate built for the size of our dog but it was ready within a couple of days.
Hi, congratulations on your move! Thanks for your info, I'll definitely look into that company. Do you mind me asking how much the custom made crate was, and what you plan on doing with it afterwards? I would have loved to build our travel crate into furniture to make it a useful 'den' but less unsightly, but I'm concerned about ventilation.
I'm really pleased to hear the dog transport was minimally stressful- its what is panicking me the most!
Old Jun 24th 2021, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Walmsc is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also interested to hear it was straightforward. The travel company in Vancouver say we are unable to book our dog until 30 days before and even then because of covid whe could be cancelled last minute!!